Heritage dealer in Chicago suburbs

MarkBK

Just thought I let the Forum members know that Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates IL has K-Horns on display in one of their showrooms. Years ago, they used to be a local chain called HiFi Hutch. Back then, they use to have many models on display of the now Heritage line. I bought my Cornwalls from them (now passed to Smilin to enjoy) and remember them having Verticals, Belles, LaScalas, Heresy and of course the K-horn. It was refreshing to see that they still strongly support Klipsch. The K_horns on display are black ash - real beauties! The room is filled with RF7s, RF5s, the bookshelf series etc. These guys have been selling Klipsch for over 20 years! Also, one of the few dealers I found that had phono cartridges in stock (Grado - sounds great to hear some of this vinyl again - Mobile Fidelity is Awsome!).

Of course, they have other brands (paradigm, etc) but wow! actual K-horns ON DISPLAY. If nothing else, worth going to give a listen.

MarkBK2.gif

I honestly did not ask. They have been a Klipsch dealer for over 20 years and use to move a LOT of what is now Heritage. It would be worth calling them to ask - they use to offer a reasonable discount. The number is 847-882-2885. They did mention that the factory is quoting 16 weeks on delivery, but they have found it to be closer to 6 months.

Mark

Mark, I can't wait to get back to Chicago. I'll go back when when it warms up. I'd like to go when the Dodgers are in town to play the Cubbies. That way I can take in a game at Wrigley. Now that sounds like a lot of fun.

And for good measure I'll pay a visit to Simply Stereo to check out the Khorns.

----------------

On 3/8/2004 2:47:23 PM Piranha wrote:

Mark, I can't wait to get back to Chicago. I'll go back when when it warms up. I'd like to go when the Dodgers are in town to play the Cubbies. That way I can take in a game at Wrigley. Now that sounds like a lot of fun.

Tom,

Sounds like a great plan - there are very few parks like Wrigley! All that's needed is stop for pizza and you have a perfect day3.gif3.gif

----------------

On 3/8/2004 9:36:15 PM MarkBK wrote:

----------------

On 3/8/2004 2:47:23 PM Piranha wrote:

Tom,

Sounds like a great plan - there are very few parks like Wrigley! All that's needed is stop for pizza and you have a perfect day
3.gif3.gif

----------------

Mark,

An Italian Beef and a Chicago Dog wouldn't hurt either. 2.gif

Italian Beef, real Hot Dogs with Real Fries and a Klipsch dealer...I need to move back!

I was trying to remember the name of the dealer I bought my KHorns from and you said Hi Fi Hutch, and that rang a bell. Did they have one north of Des(parate) Plaines, off NorthWest Highway? That must have been it. Those 70s and 80s were rough on my memory, as well as the withdrawal from GOOD Pizza, Italian Beef...etc.

Thanks for the "heads up" Mark. I bought my beloved Forte's from Hi-Fi Hutch back in 1989 and I always thought they were an excellent store. It's good to know they are still around. I have been looking for a dealer in the Chicago area that has Khorns to audtion; I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend!!

Dave

----------------

On 3/9/2004 12:27:46 AM AndyKubicki wrote:

Italian Beef, real Hot Dogs with Real Fries and a Klipsch dealer...I need to move back!

I was trying to remember the name of the dealer I bought my KHorns from and you said Hi Fi Hutch, and that rang a bell. Did they have one north of Des(parate) Plaines, off NorthWest Highway? That must have been it. Those 70s and 80s were rough on my memory, as well as the withdrawal from GOOD Pizza, Italian Beef...etc.

----------------

Andy

I believe they did. They were the only Klipsch dealer I found in the Chicago area back then. This past weekend they packaged my new Grado cartridge in a HiFi Hutch bag for old times sake - great guys2.gif

I think I remember driving by (before my KHorn purchase), don't remember the circumstances, but went in for some reason, and when the salesdude played Fire on High, I was hooked! I don't remember how long I waited, but it seemed like eternity. I think I got my B&O TT from them as well...

Thanks for the heads up on the K-horns. I live about two and a half hours from the Chicago burbs and have been looking for a place to hear the mighty K-horns. I'm in no danger of buying a new pair due to persistent poverty, but knowing that heritage is on display within a days drive is a welcome piece of info.

Nick.

----------------

On 3/9/2004 8:26:20 AM dave97 wrote:

Thanks for the "heads up" Mark. I bought my beloved Forte's from Hi-Fi Hutch back in 1989 and I always thought they were an excellent store. It's good to know they are still around. I have been looking for a dealer in the Chicago area that has Khorns to audtion; I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend!!

Dave

----------------

I still have my Yamha YP-D71 turntable that I pirchased from them back then along with a Nakamichi BX2 cassette. I agree with your opinion regarding this being an excellent store. Always was back in the HiFi Hutch days and still is now.2.gif It was also great to see the RF7's in Maple and Cherry on display 2.gif - along with the rest of the Reference series in every option. Klipsch is VERY well represented! I need to go back and listen to those K-Horns too - and browse the store for other fine offerings. 9.gif

Yeah...I've known those guys for decades. Bought my first Klipsch there (73'Cornwalls). Ken was with Hi-Fi Hutch from the beginning. Nice to see they're back with Klipsch again! They're good people & will treat you right.

----------------

On 3/10/2004 3:52:02 PM artto wrote:

Yeah...I've known those guys for decades. Bought my first Klipsch there (73'Cornwalls). Ken was with Hi-Fi Hutch from the beginning. Nice to see they're back with Klipsch again! They're good people & will treat you right.

----------------

Ken was my main man at the HIFi Hutch too. They truly are GREAT people. Smilin if you're reading this - this is where your Zebra's came from and this is where you should go to at least audition the K-horns - Black Ash -new floor stock.2.gif