My New Khorns

pierceb

This is the first time I tried to upload and post pictures, please forgive me if I don't get it right.

Here are my Khorns. I can't believe they were only about 15kms (10 miles) from my work. They could use a little cosmetic upgrading (and a nice tube amp), but nothing to serious.

img scr="http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Khorn11.JPG"

post-8967-1381925334425_thumb.jpg

Move went awesome. Not a glich. I used my truck and stood the bass horns up facing each other then fastened them down, and had lots of room left for the HF sections to sit flat.

You should have seen the guys face when I took them apart. He couldn't believe that he moved them 3 times as one whole piece.

-PB

edit: they are 1976!

PB-

Congrats on bringing those babies home. Pretty funny comment about the previous owner moving them without taking them apart! Beautiful finish and veneer on those. They will certainly grace whatever room they end up in. And to get them only 10 miles away, even better. As someone else said, what year are they, and X-overs?

----------------

On 3/12/2004 9:54:18 PM pierceb wrote:

img scr="http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Khorn11.JPG"

----------------

This is close to correct. You need to have "<" and ">" (brackets but without the quotes) at the beginning and end. And "scr" should be "src" (again, without the quote marks).

Also, if your picture name has already been used by someone else before, the earlier picture will probably come up instead of yours. So you'll need to come up with something to differentiate your picture, like maybe KhornABCD or something.

I don't have anything to power them right now (except for a couple of cheap SS amps), that will be my next purchase. Need to find funds though, or possibly trade my Cornwalls for something??

These will be in storage for a while, as we are under a long and drawn-out house renovation. The room they will be going in is currently our HT, and the HT will be moved to a bigger and better location.

BTW these scored pretty high on the WAF compared to the other stuff I brought home.

-PB