suggestions for handling flame wars anyone?

jdm56

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/17/2004 5:05:54 PM paulparrot wrote:

I think Dean, Backburner, Griff, and m00n should be banned for, say, 3 months, just to see if that helps anything. And also Tom Brennan, but only when I disagree with him.

----------------

ACK! 6.gif . I have not done anything. Damn Paul, where's the love?

how to stop flamewars? don't participate in them...suck up your pride and let the loonatics go raving about watever. they only do it for the reaction they get. so if you don't reply, the thread eventually gets shifted down into the next page and then you'll never think about it again.

----------------

On 3/17/2004 7:49:34 PM cluless wrote:

What I can't figure out...Is WHY DO I ALWAYS GET TICKED OFF, ENRAGED, AND DOWN RIGHT PSYCHO WHEN SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT I'M CLUELESS
7.gif

cluless
2.gif

----------------

I'm not sure what triggers that reaction ? but i sure like your ***** 2.gif

What's a little flamin' tomfoolery hurt, anyway? I mean sure, it mught get heated for awhile, and some folks who are obviously less enlightened than myself9.gif may get their panties in a bunch, but at the end of the day, who is harmed? The thread eventually burns out and the wounded ego's either get on with it or go sulk in the corner for awhile...and the world keeps turnin'. As a famous Missourian once said, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen". - HST

----------------

On 3/17/2004 11:11:25 PM davmar wrote:

Being a very old hippie I seem to remember a saying "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came." Ignored flames will go away

----------------

hippie.gif

I dont know, man.

Im still getting into the purple dreadlocks ononugh

that m00n guys avatar, man.

I mean that doo is purple, right man?

Or is everything purple today, man?

I mean you ARE seein what Im seein?

Ughhhhhhhhh.Right man!?!

Maybe were all in a purple haze today, or is it just me man?

Yo m00n! Quit goofin on me, would ya, man?

----------------

On 3/17/2004 10:34:38 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

HWATKINS....Im down on TAMM ave near St Anthonys St PATS parade Where the Heck are you you lousy irish swill ? Im the one face down in the street.

----------------

I was at or near McGurk's in Soulard when you wrote this Maron - unfortunately I didn't have a puter with me to check Email. While the phone can get and send stuff the fingers got too fat, the patience too thin to try and type using a number pad, the eyesight too confused (two of everything and three of some) and the attention span too short to use it to to stay in touch.

I did use a body as a step as I was leaving and for some reason thought it was the back of your head, but apparently you were doing curb duty in Dogtown.

I was fairly out of it by 5p.m., sobered up for a couple of hours, went home, had a hangover by 10 p.m. and woke up quite refreshed this morning. I was mistaken for Irish and kissed by many beautiful women (in my state ALL women were beautiful). One must always have a plan...

----------------

On 3/18/2004 9:33:27 AM hwatkins wrote:

I was mistaken for Irish and kissed by many beautiful women (in my state ALL women were beautiful).

----------------

I'm gonna have to pay MO a visit!

Flame wars or NOT, nobody should call anybody else names, calling people names only provokes them, if you dont like the poster, ostracize them by ignoring their posts (if nobody responds & we all start another topic elsewhere, they should get the idea) 15.gif

----------------

On 3/18/2004 12:14:00 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 3/18/2004 9:33:27 AM hwatkins wrote:

I was mistaken for Irish and kissed by many beautiful women (in my state ALL women were beautiful).

----------------

I'm gonna have to pay MO a visit!

----------------

I think he meant his drunken state.