My KG system - HT rig

t-man

Here's my system folks! You can see my wife's influences here with all the nick-nack crap.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

This message has been edited by t-man on 07-03-2001 at 01:51 PM

Nice set up t-man, looks nice and tight!

LOL...good 1 Doug...LOL Smile.gif

Jmon, I read in a previous forum you got yourself a pair of Khorns, congrats and welcome to the Heritage club Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-04-2001 at 09:58 PM

Nice pleasure pit T-man.Wondering how the surrounds sound so close to your seating position?Have you tried

maybe in the same place on the floor pointed up?

Nice set up!

Keith

PS: Don't ya just love those 5.5's.They are truly Classics.

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 07-05-2001 at 12:30 AM

Jmon, ahh yes, adding to the collection, I know the feeling oh so well Smile.gif I knew you were looking for Khorns but didn't know you had Heritages already.

I presumed there is such a club since once you hear them, you've got to have them, dream of them, purchase them, baby them, oil them, sort of like an unwritten marriage I think, and to think I was going to Divorce mine a few months back...OH THE SHAME OF IT ALL!! Fortunately I got rid of the right one...OH YES!

you are then part of an "Elite" club...IMO Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-05-2001 at 02:01 AM

Thanks for all the comments fellas. I've tried really hard to pack as much punch in my little nook in the basement. That recessed wall has proven to be both a blessing and a pain. It's a pain in the sense that I can't fit any larger equipment in therecwm25.gif - well, I could with a custom built wall unit, which I will build some time down the road. It's hard to believe the previous owner used that recess as a closet. I had immediate other plans since the first time I looked at the house.cwm35.gif

In regards to the surrounds positioning. I really don't notice it a problem at all with how close they are. Just like any other environment, you can play with the speaker levels, and it sounds just perfect. Not too overbearing at all. I like to sit in the middle, of course when I'm alone.

As you can see, my center is rather enclosed (sort of) in that shelf. I have about 8-9 inches of clearance in the rear, and about 5 inches on each side. The KG2.2 is ported in the rear. Do you think that's a problem, or is there enough room for air to move out? - yet another argument for KV3. C7 is too wide to fit at all.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Boomer, I agree with you. It is an elite club. What I meant was that I was in it before it was called "Heritage". I joined back when it was just the "Klipsch" club. I got my first Heritage speakers (Cornwall I's) about ten years ago or so. My recent addition was puchased not because I was looking for some (I already had one pair in storage), but because the price was too unbelievable for me to pass up. I own so many Klipsch speakers (most of them being the very large and heavy variety) that sometimes I wonder if i'm crazy! Howver, coming to this BB and learing that there are many others that have more than I do makes me realize that I'm either not crazy, or at the very least I'm not the only crazy one out there!

Hey, JMON, I just checked with my financial advisor in Fort Worth and she says that my "investments" in Klipsch speakers would probably put my psychology credentials in the "suspect" category for helping humans and rabbits... but, I could admit some of your big old ugly Klipsch pairs to my "sonic therapy clinic" for K-horns that have suffered good vibration deprivation and subjected to dust boogies in the dark.cwm35.gif

JMON, you be a mon after me own heart... er, storage room! HornEd

PS: I hope BobG reads this and realizes you are really the better candidate for his vintage "Truckload Klipsch Sale" banner... Hmmm, maybe my favorite ex-wife put him up to it... cwm3.gif

Hey T-man nice system dude. I didnt realize the 5.5's were so much slimmer and taller than the 5.2's. After looking at your room size I don't know if I would still recommend the C-7 for you. With the C-7 you would get a much more spaceouse sound but space is something you don't really have in that room.

If you did decide to get the C-7 you could put it on top of the entertainment center.

Monty

Sometimes i really do miss my KG5.5s, i had 2 pair excally the same as these, light oak!

I flaked them away!

Those kg5.5s really kick some A!!

Purchase a KLF 30 mid horn, build little boxes on top, youve got the low end, to do that with those!!

I was going to ask Talk to Keith of he was selling his!!

Looks really nice, and i know how your system sounds! Regards Jim

Jim,I'm not using my 5.5's presently,but can't stand the idea of selling them.I revisit them frequently and am amazed anew by the their great sound.I have them in storage along with others for a complete HT system. Have a new C-7 for center,and a choice of new pair of S-6's or new pair of the KT-DS THX dipole surrounds for surround use.Also have two SW series II subs.Bought

a new pair of speaker grills lately for the 5.5's so the setup is complete.I'll either use em or sell them eventually.Plan on hearing it all together sometime.

Anywho,the 5.5's are really good sounding speakers,IMO.

Keith

HornEd, Don't think I can send any of my K-horns to you for therapy sessions. You're one of the folks I think about to make myself feel somewhat "sane" (when it comes to quantity of Klipsch owned at least).

Thanks for the offer, but I currently don't have any use for a "Truckload Klipsch Sale" banner. Unless of course the men in white coats make me do it!

quote:

Originally posted by HornEd:

... but, I could admit some of your big old ugly Klipsch pairs to my "sonic therapy clinic" for K-horns that have suffered good vibration deprivation and subjected to dust boogies in the dark.

JMON, you be a mon after me own heart... er, storage room! HornEd

PS: I hope BobG reads this and realizes you are really the better candidate for his vintage "Truckload Klipsch Sale" banner... Hmmm, maybe my favorite ex-wife put him up to it...
cwm3.gif