ALERT!!!Found OEM Heritage Grille Cloth!!!

jorjen

I hope so anyway. The pictures/samples look to be identical to the OEM stuff that I have at home to compare to.

The site is www.newfoam.com/fabric1.asp, take a look at samples DF-6000(black) & DF-6001(brown)and see what you think. I am going to get some samples and will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Klipsch Parts sent me to Dura Crest Fabrics, Inc. (708) 344-4900 (ask for Ralph). He sent me a sample of their #17 black, and it was EXACTLY like the black Heritage grille cloth, just as he said it would be. They may have the other colors as well. Make sure you say "Heritage." I believe Ralph said they used to supply the grilles to Klipsch & Associates.

I had a devil of a time finding the right stuff. The suggestions on this bbs didn't seem to be helpful. I was needing an exact match, and the suggestions were for similar cloth. Wasted a lot of time, ect. until I called Klipsch. Dura Crest is the place.

• 4 weeks later...

The DF6000 from Newfoam is the very same cloth that Wendell Fabrics carries in fact they and the other company that Klipsch referred a forum member to (Dura Crest Fabrics) purchase their cloth from Wendell Fabrics. If you noticed the DF6000 is the same exact part number that Wendell Fabrics has for that item. The DF6000 is NOT the OEM replacement for the Klipsch OEM Black Grill Cloth. It looks similar but it is certainly not the same.

I called Dura Crest yesterday and found out that they purchase their cloth from Wendell Fabrics, she was nice enough to provide me exactly what they order from them. Dura Crest's part number is the #17 black but they were out of stock, the woman there was nice enough to provide the me correct part number for the Klipsch OEM replacement grill cloth.

Wendell Fabrics is send me a sample of the number that Dura Crest provided me I will confirm if it is the OEM equivalent. I have the number at home but I think it was DF-3555-61. I refuse to settle for anything less than the exact equivalent.

I just thought the forum members would want this information.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered 4 yds of the DA-3555-21 grill fabric from Wendell Fabrics. The sample that I got was pretty much identical to the fabric on my other Klipsch speakers. I will have extra grill cloth so if anyone wants some please let me know. It was $16.95/yd plus a handling fee for less than 5 yds, an additional $10, plus UPS shipping. I only have two Cornwalls to do and there should be enough left for another pair of Cornwalls when I am done.

• 1 month later...

Yup...the DA-3555-21 (from Wendell Fabrics) is definately virtually identical to the original Klipsch Heritage black cloth. I ordered 4 yards and used it to re-cloth both rear surround Khorns and a pair of Belles. With 3 yards to spare. Wendell charges $16/yd, but the 'yard' is actually 2 yards wide. They also sent me 5 yds and charged me for 4. However, the shipping and handling was in my opinion, way out of line. 4 yards cost me $103 and change. Since the fabric should have totaled $64, there was almost $40 in S&H.

But, like I said, the match was exact so I am pleased and have enough to last me forever!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gang, great detective work. I'm saving all the mod info for Cornwalls so I can do all the mechanical, electrical, and cosmetic at the same time. It'll be a hell of a down time.

Question: does anyone have any info on original 'heritage' selections for the Cornwall and/or will I be damaging the speaker's value (like I'd ever sell them) if I get artsy and use a really exotic veneer/grill combo. I figure since I'm going to this much trouble, might as well go friggin nuts!

Thanks,

Michael

• 5 years later...