HONKIN' ON BOBO

NOSValves

----------------

On 4/16/2004 11:03:54 PM garymd wrote:

Where's the best place to order the lp? I saw the CD at BB with the little harmonica for an extra $4 or so. Anybody get the one with the souvenir? Is it real?
----------------

I got it. And yes, it's a real miniature Hohner that even has the Aerosmith logo.

http://www.thestore24.com/Music/Album.aspx?p_id=P+++++3508&a_id=R+++684579&prodid=SNY92079.2

Enter "savenow" without the parenthesis in the discount code at checkout to save 5% off any purchases you make.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I remember

Steven Tyler said he bought enough coke to fill a swimming pool; before he decided not to kill himself with blow.

But it could have been any one of a couple of hundred rock stars responsible for that quote.

Honkin on the harmonica or a good singel malt scotch should be a better pursuit.

I seen Aerosmith for the first time in Dallas 1976 or 78 (that time in my life is slighty sketchy) They were by for the most stoned dudes I had ever seen up on stage and still sound darn good ! Of coarse this was long before they hit rock bottom! Of coarse I think I was even more wasted at the time LOL !! Oh those wild years and the memories or is it flashbacks ?

Craig

I saw Aerosmith a number of times in the 70s when they still wrote decent tunes. Tyler's voice was always HORRIBLE! Most shows were dissappointments because of that. Didn't stop me from going though. They used to play RFK Stadium with other bands in the days when 3 or 4 big name groups would do stadium tours.

I seem to remember one summer in the late 70s when I saw Aeromith play with Ted Nugent, Nazereth and maybe Blue Oyster Cult. The following week was Yes, Peter Frampton and someone else, maybe Uriah Heep. I may have a couple of those mixed up though.

I saw them once on TV ( I think Dick Clark's rockin New year show) and they were so bad that it sounded like they were all playing a different song, kinda like a very young teenage garage band, it was so bad I had to turn the volume down on the HT I had at the time. They must have all gotten some different bad drugs and it wasn't working for any of them. It was real real bad, this was probably 10 years ago, I thought at the time that they were finished as a band, but later I saw them again on TV and they were good and very tight sounding as a band. I guess we can all have a bad day at work but this was the worst of any pro band I ever saw, my friends and I will never forget seeing them that night and still once in a while we still talk about it.14.gif14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got my lp today. Sounds great but unfortunately Steve Tyler sings EVERY song!9.gif Aside from that, I enjoyed my first listen. Excellent recording.

Also picked up Diana Krall's latest at Target tonight (on sale for $9.98). "The Girl In The Next Room" or something like that. I'm not a huge fan but I think it's her best so far. Since she and Elvis hooked up, I think she got some better writers (actually she and Elvis wrote the songs together). A lot more soul in the songs.

Stoned dudes on stage?

I saw Johnny Thunders nodding out backstage after slamming heroin right in front of me and then go out and give a pretty kick-*** rock and roll show.

San Francisco, CA circa 1980.

I was VERY briefly in a band called "The Vulvarines." We were on the same bill.

I rarely admit to this.

Oh there was a time that Aerosmith was just horrible live and not much better on Disc ! They really cleaned up there act in the last 15 years although until now all there releases were MTV commercial fair ! This album really is supurb !

Craig

I don't think anything from Aerosmith beats "Get your Wings". For rock and roll, that album is very good IMHO. "Seasons of Wither", "Spaced" and "Lord of the Thighs" are three of my all time favorite songs. Gives me very fond memories of my freshman and softmore years in high school circa 1974-75. "Rocks" comes in a distant second. Again, this is only my opinion.

I saw Johnny Thunders nodding out backstage after slamming heroin right in front of me and then go out and give a pretty kick-*** rock and roll show.

San Francisco, CA circa 1980.

+++++++++++++++

Alan,

I saw him in the same timeframe, may have been a year later.

Most of the band was stoned. Sharp songs but really sloppy.

The band i "did sound" for opened for Oingo Boingo about 3 weeks earlier and they were amazingly tight. Severe contrast.

We thought the Oingo Boingo boys had to be straight the music was too complex to pull off high.