Shameless Plug

NOSValves

Just giving my Klipsch friends a heads up. I just added a bunch of my own gear to my For Sale page 8.gif7.gif I'm trying to raise money so I can finally launch the release of the VRD amps now that the new front end board is nearing completion. So if anyone here is interested there will be slightly better deals then listed on the site for regular klipsch forum members but act fast. www.nosvalves.com/sale.htm

Craig

Just scroll down after clicking the link.

I have listened to the Mapletree and the Scott 208.

The Scott 208 in an unmodified form spent 4 weeks at my house while my LK-48 was being rebuilt last summer. A solid performer with better bass weight than my LK-48.

For $ 1000 the Mapletree with phono section plus extra inputs ; and add the Scott 208 would be a sweet system for the money.

----------------

On 4/4/2004 8:23:18 PM thebes wrote:

Craig, when I hint the link I get a page that is basically under construction with no specific sale items showing. Is there a secret magic handshake or something?
----------------

It works fine here. Is anyone else having problems with the page ?

Craig

I just ran the page after typing in your home page and clicked down to sales and it's still showing your demo sale. I don't know maybe because I'm using Mozilla? Just so other folks can see what you've got up. As you know I bought a Fisher 500c today and I can only do only one thing at a time although from your decscription I am drooling.

Steve,

The project is limping along ! I'm positioning myself so as not to rely on others for one of a kind components after the delay I suffered for the front end board (long story),

How is my/your 130 doing ? I still regret selling that piece but I knew you would take care of it and appreciate it.

Craig

Craig

the 130 preamp just gets better and better! I did swap out the 6X4 to a Mullard NOS..only because I got a good deal on it, and I thought maybe the little bit of white noise I heard between passages had something to do with the rectifier tube. Anyway, I notice the white noise mainly when either one of my garage heaters kick on..it's not a big deal. I am just flat amazed how "musical" this unit sounds..and I'm so glad I finally got a tube pre to go with my SET..SS didn't do this amp justice.

This is the first time I haven't wanted to go out and try another piece of equipment. I, like some other people on this BB am satisfied with all of my equipment..I'm just checking out the music these days! And the folks I have over just cannot get over the system!

Thanx again for the 130..and again, keep me informed how your new project is coming along!

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Yea the white noise is just all those Allen Brady carbon comp resistors in the circuit. The problem is changing them out is a ton of work and could take some of the musical quality away ! I sure do miss that preamp but using it in my shop was just not doing it justice and letting it sit was even worse. I'm glad it has a good home with you

Craig