Scott 233 today only 650 LIKE NEW

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Craig put in 40 new parts, cost 331.94 in work....It looks like new, but sounds much better3.gif I need to get a more modern looking amp for WAF12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/8/2004 3:19:59 PM garymd wrote:

Dude! I'd buy em all if I needed them. I know those are great amps. Someone should jump all over these. I only have so many rooms in my house though! Good luck!

----------------

I hear ya, I just need to make my poor wife happy for a change2.gif9.gif I am thinking maybe the georgeous Pathos Classic One12.gif Should be pretty enough for her.

Have you show her a picture of the Pathos yet?

From tnt-audio:

"There's always something weird in their designs, the looks - first of all - and the circuits."

She likes that look?

You're a lucky guy, my wife does not like the tubes in anything. Just a black box with no lights or buttons. She's learning to accept the little light bulbs though.3.gif

Guest Anonymous

yeah, so far shes approved the Pathos and the JJ 828, but I am leaning towards the pathos....heh heh heh..I will try to audition this weekend11.gif

Steve, as your honorary audiologist, DO NOT buy a tube AMP. Buy a great looking tube preamp, and go out to buy a huge SS amp with about 300 wpc. Seriously, this is the only way you will satisfy your paticular volume jones with Cornwalls.

You really ought to consider this, cos I know how much you like to slam.9.gif

Guest Anonymous

Dave, I already get SS slam with my B&K, I want a tube slam, check out the info on the Pathos Classic One and let me know what ya think2.gif3.gif I just want it all...and I am willing to pay...but it has to meet the WAF approval12.gif heh heh heh

I'll trade you a DBX 20/20 Computerized Equalizer/Analyzer for it. Complete with original user manual and calibrated mic. Tame your room acoustics with the push of a button and placement of the mic. You can Auto Eq from 10 listening positions and commit them to memory. It is easily worth $650.

Guest Anonymous

Frz, thanks I will think about it, I really want the $$$$ to consolidate to 1 amp with WAF, and it will cost as much or more than the 3 I am selling2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/16/2004 11:54:37 PM gullahisland wrote:

What's the status here?

----------------

This is my 2nd to last piece available, the 272/sold, xa777es/sold, quicksilvers/sold, 233/is available, also a great little remote tube preamp, the Dared sl2000a/ 275.00

sounded better than rogue magnum 66....

smilin out

For a mint rebuilt 233 with a topnotch cabinet, you are looking at the following breakdown on EBay...

Walnut cabinet - $75 to $100 for this caliber

Spec'ed 233, new caps - $500 to $700 easy

Shipping from Chitown - $30 to $45

Keeping in mind this has a powered third center channel, and still has the majority of a one year warranty, at $650 this deal has already had a price drop through the floor. If you want a better deal, then hit EBay and be careful...vs an insured, vetted deal.