movie theater video clips

b-man1

sorry if this is a bit off topic...but it IS related to home theater...well...at least mine hopefully. hehe 2.gif

you know the quick clips in every theater right before the previews...the ones specific to Marcus, Star Cinemas, etc? they play a catchy little tune and a funny video about shutting up during the shows, feet on the seats, etc.

i wanted to find those so i can play them in my home theater...especially the Star Cinema one (cheesy tune with a baritone sax playing and old digital computer graphics).

thoughts?

This could turn into a real nightmare quite easily.

But... you could try to bootleg the clip you are after.

Use a digital camcorder to record it from the screen in the actual theater. Then burn it to a DVD for use on your system.

Or maybe you could write to the company and ask, but I doubt they would be anxious to share such material.

I would definitely not bring a camcorder into a movie theater these days. I just saw on CNN a few days ago that strict laws were just recently passed and 3 people were busted this week in California for taping movies with a camcorder. It seems the movie industry is really cracking down on movie piracy lately. Would be a shame to be busted for movie piracy with all the bells and whistles when all you want is the cheesy movie theater intro scene.