Informal poll

dantfmly

Do you think that klipsh should bring back their msrp pricing? I wish they would so that i would know how much to save for, and be able to tell if a dealer is ripping me off or giving me a good deal. Or give new people to klipsch website a rough estimate of how much stuff costs. What is everybody elses opinion? Just curious.

I concur. In another post today our Moderator claims it's because it causes confusion between US and British buyers. You can bet they can figure out the profit margin on their sales overseas weather it be Pounds, Euros, Ruppes whatever.

I recently was looking at some Rf 25's, 35's and Seven's. Talking to the salesman was like trying to buy an oriental rug, matress or used car. There's no excuse for this nonsense.

If you're going to need to do some serious bargaining you can borrow my ex-wife. I once saw her make a Turkish rug dealer cry.

Fact standard retail markup is %300 on average. So you can figure your retailer is making a handsome sum of that. As for listing the MSRP I say no, it gives the edge to the dealer vice the consumer look what happened to cars and the MSRP they created leases to inflate cost of a used car, which artificially inflate the new product price. I can judge by what I hear what it is worth to me. MSRP bad dickering and bargaining good. But hey thats just my opinion I could be wrong!

----------------

On 4/21/2004 7:17:50 PM thebes wrote:

If you're going to need to do some serious bargaining you can borrow my ex-wife. I once saw her make a Turkish rug dealer cry.

----------------

LMAO. When negotiating the price on our first house, my wife had the realtor (big burley guy) in tears. He excused himself from the table and went outside to compose himself. I had to go out in the front yard and comfort him. Funny as hell. She was in her 2nd year of law school at the time.

Look, nobody in their right mind pays MSRP, but it's a starting point. From there it goes down. What MSRP does is set a high point beyond which you positivly know you're getting ripped off. Producers issue MSRP's as much to keep their distributors and dealers honest as for any other reason.

Klipsch recently took a bold move to protect their dealer system by closing down certain dealers for illegally dumping their stuff on the internet. Yet at the same time by refusing to list an MSRP their giving a wink and a nod to the dealers to charge whatever the traffic can bear. It's a disservice to their customer base.

I was recently looking at getting a mass market universal player. Went to Toshiba's web site and the press release announcing their new player had the MSRP prominently displayed. Nothing, and I mean nothing, unsual here.

You shouldn't have to to do an extensive data search or buy a pricing magazine to learn such basic buying information as this. One of the principal beauties of the web for consumers is that you can learn basic information before going to the dealer and thus enter into an informed buying decision.

I mean really to get this info for Klipsch you basically have to join the forum and then poll everybody on what they paid for the particular speaker they are looking to buy.

Nuff said.

----------------

On 4/21/2004 5:06:44 PM m00n wrote:

If you go to
they have list prices. If they are not current list prices they are VERY close.

----------------

wow the rf-7's are only $1,100 through them I thought that they were a lot more then that. to bad i live on the other side of the country from where this place can deliever. i do have one dealer here in Virginia Beach, welll Actualy it is in Chesapeak the next city over, about a 20 minute drive from where i live. They only carry reference stuff. to look at heritage stuff i have to go all the way up to SELINSGROVE, PA. 282 miles and Two states away. that is why i would like an msrp. someday i want to get into heretage stuff, i am not just going to go two states away to find out the price is way above what i thought it would be. Where if i have a guideline price, that i know it will be under, then i know a rough cost before i go all the way up there.

I agree: I always like to see the MSRP on the web site so I know what I am dealing with and where I stand, regardless of the product. Klipsch just filed a suit against some apparently unauthorized online retailers, so it would make sense to me that they should be up front with their own pricing and post it on their own site. -IMO

-Picky 2.gif