What Was Your Best Score Ever!

thebes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marantz 7 + Scott 330D with Marantz faceplate = $120 (this was 1972, after all.)

Marantz 2 = 4 at $60 each (see above-why did I ever sell the amps?)

McIntosh MA 6100 & MR 74 + Dual 1219 = $35 (at estate auction - evidently no one looked inside that old Magnavox console but me.)

Hadley 601 = $100

McIntosh 240 + a pair of McIntosh 225s = $500

Electro-Voice mismatched Patricians = $800 + $80 to move them and $200 to get the tweeters replaced/repaired.

I was feeling sorry for myself for never finding those Jensen Imperials at the bottom of the swimming pool, but I feel much better now - especially since nothing I've sold seems to have shown up on anybody else's list.2.gif

OK....

Charlie's Angels electromechanical pinball machine - one of 300 made, one of three known to exist today (S/N 0015S) - $125. Also got a brand new playfield for it for $60....wow.

Oops! Guess that doesn't count here, but the guys in the pinball forums freak out on it; still looking for the quality audio goodies at better prices. Suppose I need to start frequenting pawn shops and estate sales....

Popbumper8.gif