Wow!! - My system sounds Great !!

Cut-Throat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures Kevin. I like to eat fish but have not fished in years. I should take up fishing again. Here in Corpus Christi we have salt water fishing-bays & Gulf of Mexico. And fresh water fishing-several rivers & a lake nearby. I used to own a boat & water ski back in the 80's. We used to ski in the Aransas River-the Welder Ranch & Wildlife Refuge border the river. The river has alligators but they were well fed & never bothered any one. Thank God. We used to see gators all the time & had a running joke among us friends as wiping out & being gator bait. I used to snow ski on a regular basis when I lived in New Mexico & West Texas. I was a decent intermediate skier, could ski easy black runs, stuck mainly to blue runs & easy black runs. I knew my limitations, no double black diamond runs for me. Used to go to Angel Fire, Red River, Santa Fe & Taos. Taos was the the best New Mexico has to offer. Used to go to Colorado also Wolf Creek, Arapahoe Basin, Keystone, Vail/Beaver Creek

etc. There are a bunch of ski resorts on the way to Vail/Beaver Creek. I still own my skiis,boots, poles etc. Last went skiing 5 years ago in Colorado. It is a long drive from deep South Texas. I fired up my Welborne Labs gear for the first time in several weeks. The Moondoggies are singing

& sound very good to my ears. I picked up some new cd's this evening. Some Texas music-The Essential Jimmie Vaughan-Stevie Ray's older brother is an excellent guitar slinger. Omar & The Howlers-Boogie Man-Omar is a Texas blues/rock institution who has been around for a long time here in the Lonestar state. Kim

Wilson-Lookin' For Trouble-lead singer/harmonica player for another Texas blues institution-

The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Jimmie Lee Vaughan was the lead guitar player for the T-Birds for many years & quit in the early 90's to pursue a solo gig. Los Lonely Boys

are three Mexican brothers in their 20's whose dad was a musician. They were raised on a wide range of music-Tejano, blues, jazz, rock, country. They are very popular here in Texas. They have appeared on the Tonight Show, Conan O'Brian. They are a 3 piece band-guitar,bass & drums. They play rock & roll/Tejano. The brothers harmonize very well together. The vocals are 90% English with a little Spanish thrown into the mix. They are from San Angelo-West Texas. We have an excellent radio station here in Corpus Christi-94.7-Texas Music Radio. They have a Texas music format that plays 80+% of Texas music-rock, blues, country. They mix in other national artist in different genres to round out the mix. I picked up a Doug Sahm-He's About A Groover 2 cd. The 1st cd has a very young Doug Sahm with recordings from his early San Antonio years when he was a young pup just starting out. Recording quality is not top notch but the music gets my toes a tappin'. The 2nd cd is The Best of The Sir Douglas Quintet. Doug Sahm was another Texas Treasure and institution. Dale Watson-Dreamland

is the real deal Texas Country

Music. Dreamland was produced by Ray Benson/Asleep At The Wheel. His cd was just released this past Monday. Dale's voice reminds me of a young Merle Haggard but Dale has a better voice. Last night I went down to the Executive Surf Club-a

bar/restaurant with an outdoor patio for live music. They book a lot of the bands that 94.7 Texs Music Radio plays. I saw Aaron Watson from Amarillo, Texas-The Honky Tonk Kid. I used to spend a lot of time in Amarillo-1985-88. I wore a a cream colored pair of Nocona elephant cowboy boots that I purchased from Boots n' Jeans in Amarillo. I wear size 11-1/2 B-narrow width. Both Amarillo & Lubbock had western wear shops that carried a good selection of boots in my size. If I want boots here in Corpus I have to special order the boots from Tony Llama. Justin, Nocona etc. Aaron Watson is 26 & no relation to Dale Watson. Ray Benson also produced his cd. He has a duet with Willie Nelson & another with Dale Watson on his newest cd-The Honky Tonk Kid. Brad Lomax the owner of The Executive Surf Club is a surfer. He owns a complex downtown that contains 2 Water Street Seafood Restaurants, the Executive Surf

Club,Surf Club Records that sells Texas Music, a coffee bar with free internet use & numerous other shops that he leases to other businesses. He also has a Water Street Seafood Restaurant in San Antonio. Used to have one in Houston but he closed it several years ago. I ordered a pair of 6AH4 tubes from the Tube

Store to get my used but new to me Dehavilland Verve preamp up & running. Will be delivered Monday. With 5 of the 8 tubes destroyed in shipping, those are the tubes I need. The Tung Sol 6SN7, Tung Sol 5U4GB & Sylvania 5U4GB rectifier tubes survived. Ted the seller ordered me a complete new set of tubes from ATSI in Florida: 1-6Sn7, 2-6AH4 used as a cathode follower & 1-5U4 rectifier Will be a week before they arrive. I also ordered a pair of 12SX7 tubes to use in the VA2 voltage section of my Llano mosfet/tube hybrid amp.

The 12SX7 is a WW II military version of the 12SN7 tube & supposedly rivals the sonics of the best 6SN7 tubes. I read this from tube guys much more knowledgeable about tubes than myself over at Audioasylum. The

12SX7 tubes were $29.95 a tube. Since my VA2 voltage section of the Llano uses 6SN7/12SN7/6SL7 tubes I decided to try them out.

I have several 6SN7, 1-12SN7 & 1-6SL7 that came with the Llano.

I am going to pair the Dehavilland Verve preamp up with my Lubbock, Texas made-(Buddy Holly Country)

mosfet/tube hybrid amp. Well that's enough of my rambling for now.

Regards, Mike

Danny,

Let me assure you that all these fish were catch, Photograph and Release. CPR. None in the frying pan. I love fish, but prefer to eat Farm raised Salmon. That way I can continue to torture the wild trout year in and year out. 9.gif

Eric,

Yes, I am using the T-7 AVA pre-amp with my DRD45s.