Wow!! - My system sounds Great !!

Cut-Throat

I just spent 10 days in the Wilds of Wyoming and Montana trout Fishing and have been without my SET amp and Belles. When I returned home today I fired up the DRD45s and did not remember the system sounding that good!

I always find that when I'm on vacation for a week or two, the System sounds even better than I am expecting it to?

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? 1.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! I know exactly what you mean, well, I dont have Belles or tube gear, but I still know what you mean. I went to Coprus Christi for three or four days last week, and I was stuck with a cheapo portable CD player and a sucky pair of headphones. We were on a Charter bus, and this one had a few TVs. Well, (not to offend any one) the majority of the people on there was of the African American race, and what they watch and listen to is quite different from what, umm, I and others listen to. Anyways, they had some show on, someone's class reunion show, more of a broadway like thing, and they had the volume up all the way. Screaming black women and high volumes do not mix. The speakers on the bus were blown. So it was a miserable eight hour drive down there. I am sincerely sorry if I offended anyone.

----------------

On 4/29/2004 5:05:07 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

We were on a Charter bus, and this one had a few TVs. Well, (not to offend any one) the majority of the people on there was of the African American race, and what they watch and listen to is quite different from what, umm, I and others listen to. Anyways, they had some show on, someone's class reunion show, more of a broadway like thing, and they had the volume up all the way. Screaming black women and high volumes do not mix. The speakers on the bus were blown. So it was a miserable eight hour drive down there. I am sincerely sorry if I offended anyone.

----------------

What your bus experience has to do with the topic at hand, dumbfounds me. Would it have been any different with screaming white women? If you lack the social skills or courage to moderate your circumstances, I would appreciate it if you please keep them to yourself.

Klipsch out.

Kevin,

I have similar experiences even after a weekend away on most of my son's team road trips. I hope to finally get the Type A networks from Bob installed in the Belles in the near future, as soon as my appliance dolly is returned so I can move them in place, and two days with less than 100 miles or more a day to drive. Looking forward to connecting the Moondogs to them again.

Klipsch out.

My system always floors me when I return from a few days away especially if the trip was in the car and I had to siffer through the car stereo for hours. Unlike Guy my systems sound incredible 5 minutes after its turned on no warm up required. I wonder if different cap type need more time to warm up or something ?

Craig

----------------

On 4/29/2004 6:05:58 PM Piranha wrote:

Some are overly sensitive for whatever reason.

----------------

You don't KNOW the reasons? All I can tell you is that being Black in America SUCKS. We are a racist society. My friend Charlie was pulled from his car and beaten senseless by the LAPD about 7-8 years ago for nothing--he was just a black man in the wrong car in the wrong neighborhood and had the AUDACITY to ask the white cop straight up if he was pulled over because he was black. Every black person I know has a story like this to tell.

And every successful Black professional I know has had his credentials called into question by some white person who ASSUMED he was handed his success unfairly because of "reverse discrimination" or affirmative action.

I now know why Sun Ra claimed he was from Saturn. Brilliant!

Allan,

I was not meaning you above although I disagree with your opinion here very strongly. What your saying was true years and years ago ! But not today. Yes there are racist and they can be white, Black, Orange, Green, Purple and so on. You do not have to be white to be a racist.

Craig

----------------

On 4/29/2004 6:14:13 PM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

On 4/29/2004 6:05:58 PM Piranha wrote:

Some are overly sensitive for whatever reason.

----------------

You don't KNOW the reasons? All I can tell you is that being Black in America SUCKS. We are a racist society. My friend Charlie was pulled from his car and beaten senseless by the LAPD about 7-8 years ago for nothing--he was just a black man in the wrong car in the wrong neighborhood and had the AUDACITY to ask the white cop straight up if he was pulled over because he was black. Every black person I know has a story like this to tell.

And every successful Black professional I know has had his credentials called into question by some white person who ASSUMED he was handed his success unfairly because of "reverse discrimination" or affirmative action.

I now know why Sun Ra claimed he was from Saturn. Brilliant!

----------------

I don't know if I can agree with this anaology.

I did NOT disagree with the "overly" part of your statement. I think you're right--this story did NOT seem to be racist to me. I was just chiming in to help explain WHY many Black Americans have such strong reactions to anything that reeks just a bit of racism, that's all . . .

----------------

On 4/29/2004 6:02:58 PM tillmbil wrote:

Geez, someone has an axe to grind. Are you the self proclaimed racist police?

----------------

If you can explain to me what the particular decription of the bus experience has to do the topic at hand, I would appreciate it. I also suggest I would be happy to explain my objections in greater detail if you are interested and willing to send me an email.

"Some are overly sensitive for whatever reason."

I think some are "under" sensitive for whatever reason. It's long overdue that individuals accept responsibility for their lack of sensitivity toward others, with regard to issues of race, religion, and gender. I will gladly explain further if you are concerned enough with my position to send me an email.

Otherwise, I still consider the remarks out of place in this forum.

Klipsch out.