Advice for problem company??

ez8947

I started having problems(right channel cutting out) with a NAD receiver about 8 months after puchasing it. 1-I shipped it to be serviced under warranty. Shortly after getting it back I started having trouble with the right main and right rear cutting out. 2-This time it was shipped out of warranty. Shortly after the right and right rear started cutting out again. 3-Shipped out of warranty again. Shortly after (see a pattern yet??) the right rear started cutting out AGAIN, this time hooked up to a completely different system. 4-Shipped a-g-a-i-n. Now a couple years after purchase the receiver is out of warranty and all I have to show for my patience is alot of out of pocket expenses(for the purchase and all the out of warranty services), with probably no more than 6 months of continuous problem free usage. I have the original purchase receipt and the summary/receipts from the services. I have contaced them with a total of one "sorry to hear that we'll get back to you" response and none to my inquiries since. Does anyone have any advice under these circumstances?

I believe you have an actionable issue here since repair has never been completed to fully restore the item. I would expect the company bears the responsibility to make good on the product. You may have to go to court but I think you have a legitimate complaint.

You can potentially avoid court with the right calls to the company....go as high up in the company as you can ....call their home office and get at least VP level in customer service or sales....those are typically the people that resolves these things quickly and in a way that leaves a happy customer...

• 3 weeks later...

You are not going to believe this. NAD replaced the T751 with a refurbished T752 and IT'S LEFT REAR CHANNEL DOESNT WORK!!!!!! It has a crackling sound in all surroung modes I noticed as soon as I hooked it up. These people have serious freaking issues!7.gif7.gif7.gif7.gif

Ahhh, the fights we choose and the ones that choose us. I swear our enemies are NOT those of our politicians, churches and corporations. Our enemies are business partners right here at home. They are the people with which we do business. It is the made men in our family that make us. Caveat emptor.

Who is taking care of this problem anyway? Looks like you buy everything from a local audio boutique. Is the amount over $300? How did you pay? Credit card?

First, start by putting everything, EVERYTHING in writing. Leave out the emotion. Nobody cares anyway. Just state the facts: who, what, when, where and how much. What model? When was the first repair? What was it for? What parts were replaced? When was the second repair? Was it the SAME parts? Why was this second repair an out of warranty service if it was for the same repair item? What are your total expenses to date? Have your tested this equipment on another system? How do we know it is NOT your loudspeaker cable or something else shorting the channel? (Is that possible? I dont know, but I have seen a printer cable and a loose hard drive jumper short out several PC motherboards. )

Make copies of all receipts and bills. Make sure YOU have done EVERYTHING they asked you to do. Get your story straight and in writing, then start making calls.

Get prepared to fight: do NOT start the fight you cant win. Do NOT start to fight until you have written everything down, rehearsed and are completely prepared. Then do NOT start with a lowly Vice-President; start at the top. Call and write the President of the chain.

Tell them you are a regular customer. Tell you are in the life long process of improving your home movie and music reproduction systems.

Tell them that you are losing your patience.

Tell them you want a loaner while yours is being fixed.

Tell them you think the product is a lemon and you want your money back.

Tell them you are going to come to the store on Saturday and yell at somebody and make a scene.

Tell them you are telling the 16,000 members of the Klipsch forum you are unhappy with their product and services.

Tell them you are going to march on the public sidewalk in front of the store with an UNHAPPY CUSTOMER sign.

Tell them that you are writing the local newspaper and calling the local TV stations.

Tell them you are going to dispute your credit card in writing and it will take them another year to get their money.

Tell them you will write and call the manufacturer. Then do it.

Tell them you will file a complaint with the State Attorney generals office.

Tell them you are asking your sister the lawyer for legal advice and the early indications are the store is liable for damages, legal and time expenses AND full return of your money.

Tell them you have called small claims court and asked about filling a claim for damages including reimbursement for your time and legal costs. Then do it: get the forms. Learn about small claims court (should be taught in every high school).

Mm, lets see, anything else? Oh yeah, be sure tell us what happened. And be damn sure to thank them when you get what you want.

7.gif

I am dealing with the Technical Product Manager of the United States for NAD, based in Canada, and occasionally the National Sales Director for the United States. Yes the first and second receiver was tested with different equiptment, even totally different systems(the T752 has only been on a different system), it is not the equiptment(sound like them). Is it so hard to believe this company just sucks? Documenting is my number one priority(receipts, emails, service summaries, ect....). We'll see what they have to say about the T752. It has a 1 year warranty with it since the exchange has taken place. I honestly hope they dont have the balls to suggest I start sending this one back and forth, this is why a replacement was in order in the first place. We'll see.

I still have my Denon 3803 which I am overly please with, so its no sweat.16.gif

Only been to small claims court a few times, back in another lifetime, but the initial preparation is the same, was in retail for a dozen years, saw a few good customers get shafted, NOT by neglect, but merely by the thing Dylan warned us to watch about, the simple twist of fate, every once in while some poor Joe gets a series of bad mistakes and batch errors, even happens to great companies, which most are NOT, when it does, alarm bells should sound, all employees should jump front and center and customer service should become Priority Job One, a lot of shoulds for an imperfect world, where the next new dollar is the latest chase and all attention is gone from the last old dollar

15.gif

Send the unit back with a note saying you are sorry, but dealing with them has left such a bad taste in your mouth, that you will never again buy another N.A.D. product, nor will you be able to recommend their products to your friends, family, or at the several audio forums you frequently visit. Tell them they can keep the unit, as it only reminds you of the distasteful experience.

----------------

On 5/30/2004 11:16:22 PM ez8947 wrote:

Yes, but then I would be out the money I originally paid them to start. They are not getting off that easy.
11.gif

----------------

Then in that case an exorcist just wont cut it. But theres hope.

VOILA!!!!

Fifth Element gun ZF-1sml.jpg

The ZF-1. It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying; good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into 4 parts, undetectable by x-ray; ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Three thousand round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With the Replay button (another Zorg invention) it's even easier. One shot, and Replay sends every following shot to the same location. And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies but goldies. Rocket launcher. Arrow launcher, with explodin' and poisonous gas heads. Very practical. Our famous net launcher. The ALWAYS efficient flame-thrower. My favorite. And for the Grand Finale, the all new "Ice Cube System!"