Take a look at my new " man " ( pic )

Dale W

horse1.jpg

I just brought this big boy home and started training him last week , he's been ranged up north for the past 3 years so he looks a bit rough right now .

This fella is 16.5 hands high and weighs in just over 1500 lbs !!!!! He'll be 6 years old this fall .

He's 1/2 clyde and 1/2 quarter horse , we bred him for size and sure footedness . I'll be useing him as a cutter and for roping off , if he turns out decent then i'll use him for moose hunting as well .

This picture does him very little justice !!! this guy is one huge horse !!

Thought i'd hang up the audio obsession for the summer and do a little outdoor work . Thought some of you might like to see what others do when there not listening to music .

PS: Look at the chest on this guy !!! That metal gate behind him is 6 feet tall just incase your wondering just how big he really is .

post-10527-13819255367594_thumb.jpg

Notice how the amplifier is much larger than the loudspeakers, how does the extra long throat affect the sound? How much horsepower can this amplifier generate? Is it methane powered or can you use normal electricity? Where is the spot, isnt that kinda high? What music do you use this set-up with, rock n roll or can you get some kick *** classical?

nice, stocky looking, quick enough for cutter? where is missing 1/4?

11.gif

Who came up with the crazy idea to measure the height of a horse by hands and not feet? Is there an actual tape measure or something made in "hands"?? Why not just say he's 9.5 feet tall or something? Oh well.... just curious.

Anyway, that's a real fine looking horse you have there. He looks like he could use a good hug! 2.gif

He is beefie compared to the horses in the pasture behind our house.

BTW, don't mind that crazy guy in the pics. He's just a weird friend of mine!

P1050949.JPG

P1050963.JPG

YUP !! fresh out the field and into the corral !!! He's not seen a human in 3 years .

I'll tell you one thing for free , It's a good thing he's well behaved and has a good head on his shoulders or he'd be one scary *** dude to deal with.

He's a definate fence buster if i've ever seen one, i really don't want to hobble him and bust his will right off the bat so i'm going to go slow and get his trust first then see if he wants to get along or if i have to ( at the last resort ) show him who the boss really is .

I broke his half brother 3 years ago and you can't ride him without a gag bit and nerve line , once he takes control of his own head your finished . He's way to strong to ever hold back and could never be totaly trusted around kids.

I sold him to a feedlot where he's used to move steers around all day , he's so fricken huge and bomb proof that nothing bothers him . " But " when and if he takes a notion to do something it takes alot your convincing to change his mind.

I can't have a horse like that around my place , so i hope this big boy will turn out better.

----------------

On 6/3/2004 6:59:01 PM ChrisK wrote:

Moose hunting eh? Watch out for Moose Turd Pie. Nasty stuff........but it's good!!!!

Chris

If you haven't heard the story "Moose Turd Pie" told by Utah Phillips, give this download a try. Takes about 15 seconds on broadband.

----------------

Is that anything like a cow pattie??!! 9.gif

----------------

On 6/4/2004 3:59:48 PM Dual Woofers wrote:

dad.jpg

This is a picture of the stud that my new guy came from , thats my freind craig sitting on him . Craig is 6'4" and 230 so you can well imagine how big the horse is .

----------------

Yeah, the horses behind our house look like little kids compared to that pretty beast!

When I worked at Disney, (as did ALL my brothers at one point), they used Clyds to pull the trolleys up and down Main Street. There were a couple times when I walked up to them to pet them. Being used to the ones at our house, it was strange being next to those huge suckers. I'm 6'1", and those Clyds dwarfed me! Oh yeah, and during the winter time, they would leave huge steaming piles in the middle of the street!!!! Unfortunately, I never saw anyone step or fall in it. 11.gif

Crazy man...just Ka-ray-zeeeee!!!!!! 3.gif

Theres just something that makes you feel good inside when an animal of that size trusts you totaly, i don't mean just to ride but even when they walk up to you and want to be touched , very social creatures indeed .

Just like dogs and cats and any other pets that can't talk , they offer there effection in ways that we all seem to be able to pick up on , what aways amazeses me is there ability to sense childern compared to adults , i've rarely seen a horse harm a child regaurdless of there size .