Heritage Bluebook?

Zbullet

I have tried unsucessfully to sell my speakers on this board. I understand that they may well be worth what I am asking but nobody here is looking for them (Cornwall II). I looked on Audiogon and they want 19.95 for a 30 day subscription to the "Bluebook". Is there any other way to valuate my speakers. I'd like to get what they are worth without making a killing. Thanks for any help Cory

I think you were asking around the right price. I saw the pictures and they are in beautiful shape. I love my Cornwall II's so much I opted out of my LaScala's in favor of the CW's. You will get a buyer eventually. It's just a shame shipping is so expensive. Think about it. I can personally fly from Tampa to Vegas for $49 with luggage, both checked and carried on, but you couldn't touch shipping them beasts for less than $250. Good luck.

Thankyou very much Josh. I think I will stay with what I had come up with before. I would like to move these and I think 800 plus shipping or pickup is probably a good deal for purchaser and I am not getting pillaged either. Cory

Zbullet, the two main factors involved with selling large Heritage are location and time of the year. If you were in the Midwest, they would sell quite quickly. Summer is the slowest time of the year, as there are more than a few pieces of great stereo equipment that have not moved recently. If you tried after school starts back up, or close to Christmas, I think you would see far different results.

If you posted again, with photos at your "new" asking price, you might see some action. Good luck in your effort!

Flas, I think the problem is you get very attached to a great speaker. Its hard to let them go for "market value" sometimes. I know they look great but I really would rather them go to a Klipsch fan then someone who might not get it. Cory

zbullet -

There's an old saying in the audio biz - buy in the summer months - sell in the other months. Many in the hobby - even many of the fanatics around here - take summer off from audio, as they are going on vacations and other outdoor activities.

I would keep putting the word out here.....of course, there's always ebay as an option too - but in general, there is more demand for audio gear in general as we approach the fall. That said, the speakers seem in the ballpark pricewise - you should eventually find a buyer.

Shipping suggestion:

I sold and shipped a pair of 1990 Cornwall II's in January of this year. I used Forward Air. From Dallas, TX to Sacramento, CA the cost with insurance was $66.00! They arrived without a scratch (IMHO it was my packing and their methods). The reason they are so cheap is, YOU deliver to their terminal at the airport and the buyer picks them up at their terminal at the other end. If you have an Forward Air at an airport near you and can get the buyer to agree, IT'S CHEAP! AND GOOD!

www.forwardair.com

Disclosure: I nor any known relative owns stock in or works for Forward Air. I am just a satisfied customer.

Also, zbullet, I do have a custom built crate to ship these out, if that aids you in your search for a buyer. Given what Forward Air charges, it is worth paying the shipping times two at Forward Air's rates, when you compare what it costs to ship these otherwise ($300-500 through door to door trucking services).

The crate is built like a brick youknowhat, and is as good as anything ever built for the purpose.

The only "catch" is this: We prefer that the buyer is a forum member who will keep this crate "in the Klipsch family" - that is, to keep it around for future use by other forum members. I have been storing it here, in case it would be of use to someone. It is built so well, it can be used over and over (and has - about 50K miles so far) - tailor made for shipping Cornwalls.

Keep spreading the word and you will eventually sell these....even if it takes until fall to do so. As stated previously, this is the worst time to sell (from the seller's perspective), I'll bet if this was Sept/Oct, your speakers would be sold by now.