JBL is better than Klipsch!

fzzytddybr1

----------------

On 6/7/2004 12:22:52 PM kenratboy wrote:

I'm with you on that one Grif. Klipsch really sells.

Word on the street is that JBL might be re-introducing the Studio line again, and that would really be a good thing.

The sad part is Harman/JBL has the talent, money, and ability to make the best speakers in the word at prices that would slaughter the competition. Appearently, they are focusing on their pro makets, and JBL is taking a back seat for the moment. I would like to see JBL rise again at the bargan level.

----------------

I would love to see the Studio series reintroduced and really separated from the Northridge. To hell with Best Buy, JBL has a reputation to salvage before they are completely run into the ground.

My S38's, for all their flaws, are still the best $180 I ever spent on bookshelfs. Yeah, it's a steal (that was below cost, they list for $500/pr) - but even at comparable list, they trounce the SB-3's, and hold their own against the RB-35's, although they weigh a bit more...

The only JBL product I ever heard was back in the early 80's. A well-to-do friend of mine in college owned a pair of the JBL Century L100 studio monitors with the 'ice cube' foam grills. I thought they sounded awesome at the time, but that was decades ago, and it's hard to compare dim recollections with my present Klipsch speakers. I'd love to hear a pair of Centuries again, and see how they stack up against the CF-4's.

Jerby Bbluncgunch Lerunchruuuns isn't exaclty the company it used to be. Their products today are mor profit-based than quality-based. They make some decent products, but they're still not that great, definitely not for eh prices they're getting for them.

Cleve,

I have a pair of 4311s, which are the studio version of the L100. Slightly tighter specs I think, fabric grill. Still, they are a 3 way, with cloth surround on the woofer (12 inch) and not foam. They are rated to 43-45Hz on the bottom end. They compare very well with the Heresy IIs I have, just not quite as efficient. I got the 4311s around 1972, for about $280 each. I think list was $329. I haven't heard any of the newer lineup from JBL, but I certainly wouldn't write all their models off as no good.

THe L56 JBLs are a 2 way, woofers (10 inch) with foam surrounds. and a tweeter. Lacks any mids, but they were given to me so I can't complain much. They are still okay, and functioning fine.

Both have very nice Walnut veneer.

Marvel

I love jbl, but i hate budget jbl. I obviously like em i kept buying em year after year after blowing tweeter after tweeter. In the long run jbl has costed me too much money to even think about it. Too late, I would still own a jbl setup (better than the northridge though). I really can't believe the ads sounding as good rf-7's I have emailed many companies on the a/d/s/ line that sell them, and none of em really gave em that much praise. But hay its about personal choice and you have the right to like them better. That's cool with me! Believe me I am an addict when it comes to trying new speakers. Klipsch has got me on the wagon. So in away it's kind of a bummer klipsch sound so good. Because i love experiencing different speakers in my living room. I found what i like for my money. Boy was it fun searching though. Now it's time to enjoy the music!

----------------

On 6/8/2004 2:07:44 AM Griffinator wrote:

time to build a new room, wheel... one you can experiment some more with!
2.gif

----------------

Griff that would be nice! I could have a pool table and pinball machines with guitars hanging on the wall, now that would be a fun listening room. A new speaker brand every month need the break in period. Gotta have a laptop for the klipch forum and some really good coffee. I don't need these extras but it would be nice.1.gif

----------------

On 6/8/2004 2:06:22 AM wheelman wrote:

I love jbl, but i hate budget jbl. I obviously like em i kept buying em year after year after blowing tweeter after tweeter. In the long run jbl has costed me too much money to even think about it. Too late, I would still own a jbl setup (better than the northridge though). I really can't believe the ads sounding as good rf-7's I have emailed many companies on the a/d/s/ line that sell them, and none of em really gave em that much praise. But hay its about personal choice and you have the right to like them better. That's cool with me! Believe me I am an addict when it comes to trying new speakers. Klipsch has got me on the wagon. So in away it's kind of a bummer klipsch sound so good. Because i love experiencing different speakers in my living room. I found what i like for my money. Boy was it fun searching though. Now it's time to enjoy the music!

----------------

I think that you are talking about new a/d/s speakers because the ones I'm looking at were made before the internet was around. ADS was sold to someone a long time ago and I think that they probably wouldn't be as good as they used to be. I think that they were bought by Orion or something. The same thing probalby happened to them that happened to JBL. The ones that I'm looking at are like 20 years old I think.

Yes I was talking about the a/d/s new line. I never heard em so i can't judge them either. But i bet their not bad though. They got descent praise from their dealers but not great. Klipsch aren't for everyone, but I wouldn't come on this forum and tell everyone they suck for no reason at all. I mean come on get a life. I wouldn't go on bose forum and tell them they stink even if i don't like em. Plus i think this forum is great! I gradeated the six grade you know? 3.gif

I didn't say that Klipsch suck. I actually complimented them if you read closely I said that they fill a room VERY well. I like Klipsch speakers a lot. I would really like a pair of khorns someday just not right now. Bose doesn't have a forum or I would go over to their website and tell all of the people there how bad bose sucks.

Taylor

----------------

On 6/8/2004 9:23:04 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

Bose doesn't have a forum or I would go over to their website and tell all of the people there how bad bose sucks.

Taylor

----------------

I'd be willing to bet that is exactly why they don't have a forum. I am quite certain Bose themselves know just how badly they are trashed on in the audiophile circles. I can just imagine what kind of fun and games would ensue on a Bose forum. Most likely, it would be heavily moderated and anybody going on to bash Bose would probably get kicked off. After all, this is a company that sued magazines because of unfavorable reviews, which is why you never see Bose reviewed in magazines much anymore.

As to the whole "JBL better than Klipsch" thing. It depends on what JBL you are talking about. As many have pointed out, thier older and/or higher end stuff probably could give the Klipsch a run for its money. I also agree with Griff. I thought thier Studio series compared quite favorably to the Klipsch Syndergy series. I liked the Studio series myself, especially the S312s they used to have there at Best Buy. Had I not already had the Klipsch, I probably would've went for a complete JBL Studio setup. Also, I would love to see/hear thier Ti-K stuff.

Many moons ago (I think it was 1983) I purchased a pair of JBL L250's. The enclosures were made of Teak wood, and they were/are still a very beatiful speaker. The sound, WOW......screaming loud and always asking for more. They are excellent, excellent sounding speakers. Those speakers now live an easy life with my parents, occasionally being fed some Sinatra or the occassional Yanni waves.

Now it's 2004, and I own Klipsch Heritage (10 Heritage speakers to be exact), and I can truely say that I've listend to the best speakers made by both manufacturers......and FYI....KLIPSCH IS KING, LONG LIVE THE HORN!