sell me your old vinyl, please

getting back into vinyl.......willing to buy your records if in very, very good or better shape. like 50-60 folk, 60-70 rock, individual vocalists, and starting to develop a taste for jazz (thanks Allan and Boomac and Garymd), as well as classical (thanks Maxg). please email or pm re any questions. thank you, patrick

----------------

On 6/11/2004 5:58:41 PM neo33 wrote:

Patrick, you beat me to it.
1.gif

----------------

Dido !!! Finding the old vinyl at garage sales / flee markets , etc is half the fun . Running out with the intention of buying will result in the worst deals , the good ones are the ones you don't expect to find .

Collecting vinyl is a " hobby " in itself .

I was at an auction this weekend and there was an LP cabinet. Front door pulled open and then there were three sections. Stuff was going cheap, I went to lunch while they were in the tool shop (figured they would be there at least two hours) got back and I had just missed the LP holder selling for 5 bucks and it was in great shape. Oh well, alot of LPs, mainly old gospel quartet and some big band. I think I am going to start going to auctions. I picked up a gas tank for my grill for 4 bucks. And I had just told my wife that morning why we needed a second tank. Most folks have gone to the tank replacement method, with a fixed cost. Doing it that way I would prefer to run the tank completely out, now I can since I have two.

$30 Delivered for ALL these lps -- the entire box. The condition ranges from like new on the Tinbuk 3 to G+ on the Beatles. Most are VG or VG+....typical used store condition. I can grade much closer if there are some titles of interest.

AC/DC - High VOltage -VG

BAd Co - Rough Diamonds -VG+

Queen Sheer Heart ATtack - VG+

RuSH = farewell to Kings - VG

George Harrison - his first 3-disk album but not box - VG

Bill Cosby - I started out as a child

Beatles - Magical Mystery tour - G+

Charlie Daniels Band - Windows - VG+

Charlie Daniels Band - High Lonesome

20 solid gold hits w/Vanilla Fudge, Animals, Cowsills, Lovin Spoonful, Janis, etc, (vintage) -VG

1968 SUPER STARS, SUPER HITS - VG

1967 SUPER STARS, SUPER HITS - VG (columbia House)

Glen Campbell - A new place in the sun - VG

SOnny & Cher - All I ever need is You

Drivin n cryin - whisper tames the lion

Del lords - johnny comes marching home

Alison Moyet - Raindancing

Timbuk3 - Greetings from - NrMt

Timbuk3 - Eden Alley - NrMt

General public - Hand to mouth

General public - all theh rage

bill Nelson - on a blue wing

balaam and the angel - nrmt

Dionne warwick, - windows of the world - vg

Dionne warwick - valley of the dolls - VG

SHAFT - VG

Dianna Ross's - Hits

Dianna Ross - Anthology

I guess it's time for a care package. I'll try to put one together this week. Woke up with a damn cold this morning. Feeleing pretty sh!tty but I'm sure I can manage something. I went on a spree these last couple weeks at the thrift shop. Lots to go through.

Most of my collection of 500+ consists of 70's & 80's rock.

I've probably sold/given away at least that many since 1990.

Last month I had a friday off, and visited a number of rummage sales in the same area of town. Saw 3 orange plastic crates filled with LP's. Sticker said 10 cents each, or make offer. I was gong to buy about 12 and offer her a dollar, when she said "All for $2". I ended up with 140 LP's, keeping about 100 of them.

There were about 6 that were trashed, about half were mint, half VG+. Some looked like they were never played. One of the records is a 1981 copy of Einstein's Riceboys "Milk Of Amnesia", on Next Up Records. Was recorded at Breezeway Studios in Milwaukee, WI. Has 2 LP's in it, one of which is a completely white blank label. Have not played either one of them yet.

I donate most of my clunkers to the local Goodwill since they can usually get at least a buck for them. Our local retail record dealer usually has obscure/old items for a buck or 2 and I probably have a dozen sealed alternative/punk albums.

Last year I found a dozen MFSL/Columbia Half-Speed LP's for a buck each, and just recently picked up the Springsteen 5 LP Live Box set and a Tom Jones 4 LP Box set for $2 each.

Altho I haven't found any bargain Klipsch speakers on the rummage road yet this year, the prices of used Cd's are way down and much to my liking. If I decide to get rid of anything I'll certainly post on the forum first.

NP - Badlands - "Voodoo Highway"

Well if any of you guys are planning to attend the Olympics just let me know and we will squeeze in a trip to a dozen vinyl shops or so...

Prices not quite as good as those quoted here - from about $2 a piece upto around $50 for audiophile new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have a lot of LP's for sale. I recently purchased the last remains of a record store here in Austin (2000 lps). I have a lot of duplicates, extras that I am going to get rid of on ebay. I would rather give forum members first dibs on going through them. Most of these are 70's and 80's rock. They range in condition, most are VG, some are NM. If anyone is interesed send me a private message or an emial to tcwesq@texas.net and I will be happy to send you a list of what I got.

Travis

Travis, I just got your email and pm. Responded by email, appreciate the reply, especially since I've been in and out for most of the past several weeks.........and gosh, seems like i have a bit to catch up on...what with the departures, the prodigal son (or at least one) returning to warm embraces, etc................ah, life...........what would we do if it wasn't for music and the related components of audio, such as politics, religion, gun control, sex, race, etoh...........oops, i didn't say that, did i???........'twas my keyboard that took control. C'mon guys, lighten up, life is generally good....at least out here in calif. patrick

Patrick,

About 60 lps are packed and ready to ship. I should be able to get them out Tuesday.

There is so much cheap vinyl in my area it's ridiculous. It's great but they begin to pile up if you're not careful. I find I have to re-organize about once every couple of months.14.gif