Building a " Belle " ?

Dale W

Tom - so sorry....I have updated my email address in the 'profile'. Been out of touch since Feb until just recently due to an unfortunate automobile accident....just recently getting back on my feet and re-learning how to walk. Like many others, I will never take good health for granted anymore!!

I have found the plans that I used as a starting point for making my rear center Belle clone. They were actually given to me by another forum member - K2DX. In any event, I've been cleaning up the prints somewhat - verifying all the measurements by 'mildly' disassembling my factory Belle.

I hear and agree with what Gil has to say about not being exactly accurate......but when it comes right down to it, for me personally I want to build something that is for all intents and purposes, an exact match. If for nothing else but to simply be able to discount the physical dimensions as a possible cause if I think something sounds amiss afterwards.

Please bear with me for another day or so until I complete the process of verifying. Hope to have things wrapped up by tomorrow afternoon and sent out to those who have requested so that you all can get busy this weekend!!

formica,

I've thought about the khorn too. I still haven't put in the drivers, not having taken the time to model them. Be nice if someone at Klipsch could send a dxf of the drivers. The cabinets aren't too hard, but the LS is obviously easier than the big K!

Marvel

Sure.....my situation is a little different though. My rear center is 'deeper' as well as has a 'taller collar' to accomodate a front projector. This mid-section serves to house the projector as well as to mask escaping light and to muffle fan noise. I have it so that the front can be changed out - walnut to match the rest of the speaker or black with a window for the projector to shoot through.

The fact that the speaker cabinet is deeper does not change the internal dimensions of the bass box, there is an inner back wall that is actually to spec. The drawings I have are for a stock sized Belle.

Here's the first pic, a couple more to follow......

post-6566-1381925596238_thumb.jpg

Nope, haven't heard a word. If you noticed this little note above:

"Been out of touch since Feb until just recently due to an unfortunate automobile accident....just recently getting back on my feet and re-learning how to walk."

I wouldn't be surprised if this is entering into it. If I were in that position I'd probably be spending a LOT of time on the learning to walk again thing.

I'll ping him via PM and forum email, see what he's up to. He mentioned he updated his email address in his profile.

Hi folks, I have to apologize for the 'less than steller' service. Work has been just bustling lately. I also have several Klipsch projects going on at once at home...I know, I know....excuses....excuses....

I sent Tom the preliminary plans, they are kind of tough to read hence the desire to remeasure and reverify the measurements. I need to have the Belle plans part wrapped up tonight as I am expecting delivery of a SVS sub today, and really want to test it out with the whole HT intact....so....once again, I hope to have things done and ready for posting tomorrow.

Apologies once again...

I saw that too. 495 now. Moving right along. Could turn into a cool forum project. I really enjoyed the Klipsch pie-slice emblems project.

I have the plans Rex emailed to me today, I'll try to look at them tonight.

Tom

Uh-oh. maybe this wouldn't be such a cool project, Belles are a current selling Klipsch product. Maybe they wouldn't be too excited about about people building them? Maybe as long as no-one started selling them?

I have the plans from Edward. He said he sent out several to guys who had requested. If you want them and didn't get them from Edward, please send me a PM with your email address and I will forward them to you.

The plans themselves look pretty fuzzy on my computer, but may look OK on somebody elses. He has a very detailed list of dimensions.

Thanks, edwardre.

Tom - yes, they are fuzzy - in fact, they are in my opinion....crappola...Also, you asked for a pic of the bottom of a Belle in one string, forgot which so it is attached here. Enjoy!

WRT the plans, the measurements are all there. I had hoped to redraw 'proper' like, but have to admit to myself that I will in all likelyhood, not get around to it any time soon. Maybe there is a forum member who can take the 'rough' drawings and produce something a bit easier to read?

I have sent several copies out to those who have requested. If you haven't received yours yet, I am still sending!

post-6566-1381925596996_thumb.jpg

Ed,

Thanks for the pic. One of the guys thought the .jpg format had trouble drawing straight lines well. He was going to look at re-drawing the plans in a different program, visio or something. Other file formats are better with lines.

I don't see the riser in your photo, is it my eyes or is it really not there? I see some strips of wood on the floor?

rdmarsii,

that's great. some of the numbers will need to be adjusted a little, the dimensions don't add up. did you use the figures off Eds' excel spreadsheet?

On the main KLipsch web site they give the outside dimensions as:

35.625" (90.5cm) x 30.125" (76.5cm) x 18.75" (47.6cm)

any ideas?