Sad day for those who leave and even sadder for those who stay

anarchist

I am appalled that some members have the character to applaud or take pleasure in our members leaving. I won't point fingers. Look in a mirror and ask yourself how you contributed to this fiasco.

Something is very wrong when long term members of two-channel decide to call it quits. This was a great forum; fini, htwatkins, Alan Songer, cut-throat, and others - all contributed positively to this forum. They provided a viewpoint that was unique and necessary to have a diverse population. As they go, so will others.

Perhaps some of you will be comforted in knowing one day you will succeed in promoting a homogeneous channel. May you take great joy in your commonality and avoidance of any topic requiring thoughtful consideration. Should be interesting reading as you all agree with one another and sing kumbaya.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

C'mon Anarchist, look at the manner in which they left. They could at least have showed a little consideration and offered up explanation. To add insult to injury, the manner of departure also infers that those remaining are somehow guilty of something they are not. Puleeez.

So what is it? Silent protest against moderation? The flames (as if those are a relatively new thing to the forum).

I don't get Fini though -- uncharacteristic behavior for him.

Each member who has decided to leave should have indicated the reason or reasons that brought them to that decision. Let the rest of us know and if we perceive the reason/reasons to have validity, then many of us will stand up for you. Actually and unfortunately, I suspect much of this may be political in nature and that's a darn shame.

Dean,

I agree with you. I would not depart without a bloodletting (That is dramatic Paul).

I don't think anyone is concerned about the level of moderation Amy has performed. The elimination of certain topics is not particularly effective in promoting the goal she has in mind and is disturbing.

I think the real issue is some of those most responsible for fanning the flames ARE still here and appear to go uncensored.

You, yourself, once said you agreed that 'stalkers' should be banned. The person that title is most applicable to remains and continues to do so. He appears to enjoy a great deal of support.

My viewpoints are well known. I don't agree with censorship and it is NOT a first admendment issue. I do however feel if Amy must go down this path, she smacks all those in need of a smack. Anything else would reek of hypocrisy - a behavior which some of our members are especially adept in displaying.

Wrong! What would be the point. I have watched you address it in the past. It has no more effect than telling teenagers to "Just say no".

You are correct in your assumption, however, it is not you I have in mind.

Heres a philosophy which if everyone followed would eliminate the need for Amy or any moderator to be involved nor would there be a need to ban certain topics:

If you have nothing to contribute, don't.

If you can't participate positively in a topic without resorting to personal insults, whether you disagree or not, don't.

If you know something may offend you, don't... don't visit, don't read, don't participate.

Actually, just rule 1 is necessary. The others are redundant. I just wanted to cover some of the other bases for those who need extra instruction.

What are you talking about? Hello?

I received a PM as regards this thread. The subject was 'spot on'.

I am referring to posts you have made in the past Dean. You know to whom I refer. Everyone should, including the person I refer to as engaging in stalking behavior.

We all know MH could be overbearing in his assertions as related to certain equipment. It turned off a lot of people. Know anyone else who practices the same behavior?

----------------

On 6/17/2004 11:27:19 PM Anarchist wrote:

We all know MH could be overbearing in his assertions as related to certain equipment. It turned off a lot of people. Know anyone else who practices the same behavior?

----------------

No name but some hints...

pollparrot2_283x434.JPG

IMG_0044.jpg

Edit...

Ooooops... I forgot that clown...

ep2qz4fig1.jpg

----------------

On 6/17/2004 11:39:21 PM Shy Boy wrote:

----------------

On 6/17/2004 11:27:19 PM Anarchist wrote:

----------------

No name but some hints...

pollparrot2_283x434.JPG

IMG_0044.jpg

----------------

Uh oh, Im not sure if I like where this is going. Please dont let this thread get out of hand. BTW, this is my 1000th post...

Edit: Hmm, that was weird, It put what I wrote above the pics...