Sad day for those who leave and even sadder for those who stay

anarchist

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not want to see anyone leave the forum. That being said Klipsch has declared the rules for which participation is the forum is granted. It is their forum! All of this crap about no free speech is exactly that...crap! I for one support the moderators I certainly do not envy their task. If a member feels the desire/need to depart the forum it is their choice, its unfortunate they choose to leave. The political posts on the forum have been an extremely volatile activity that serves no purpose, debate and dissent were not practiced, most if not all topics or threads quickly degraded into a hostile argument. The moderators asked that we not post volatile topics yet we kept doing it. I will miss the witticisms, intellect, and contributions of the departed, however if the flame wars and hostilities cease or decrease, then the forum will be better off for it. One thing to remember those who departed did so of their own volition. To me it seemed they left because they were unwilling to play by the rules of admission or in other words they did not get their way so they quit. That is truly a shame. I am sorry they left but I believe the rules put in place are for the better.

problem is, everything is ultimately political, now more than ever. the air you breath, the water you drink, its all political. goods, money, loudspeakers, music, its all political. science, physics, nature....all political. the way you think, write, talk, even walk or dance....all political. to deny this is political. unfortunately these days "denial" is very political (and popular I might add). to censor or not to censor, to capitalize or not capitalize, also political. to not acknowledge that the problems of our little forum here are a reflection of what is boiling over in our polarized society, is political. get it?

where is fini (the retired carpenter) you ask, hmmmmm ...I guess humor, you guessed it....connected to political......

in previous days when heated arguments were rampant here and insults were hurled, we all survived none the less, sure maybe someone took a vacation for a few weeks to hide out for awhile, so be it, the place worked, there was freedom, creativity, storms, drama, interest, entertainment, and education.

The current socalled need to "moderate" is itself nothing but political. It will work about as good as the war on drugs. or the war on evil.

C&S

tube lover, I wasn't going to say anything, and I should have said something in Indy, but you should go to the doctor and get that festering sore on your face checked. I was doing some research today, and I think it might be a tumor. It really shouldn't be oozing that black stuff. You're fairly attractive, and I would hate to see you lose your face.

Surely this would have been more appropriate in a PM.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Certainly a privacy issue i did not perceive in INDY.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like Parrot being underfed or toting around a tapeworm.

I wish I had Parrots condition.

Have not got any new Dylan yet.

It is on the "to do" list this week.

I'm not too clear on this myself.I also understand some important members which I may or may not agree with often have left?I kinda hate to see anyone leave because they may have an answer to someones ? regardless of whether or not I agree with other things they may say.

I can honestly say I have never wanted to see any members leave,regardless of opinions,politics etc..(other than sex pervert/Klipsch hatin' trolls).I have disagreed vigorously with some from time to time and learned from them later.Many I still disagree with from time to time about politics but still consider them an audio asset to the forum.

----------------

On 6/20/2004 9:22:10 PM AK-4 wrote:

tube lover, I wasn't going to say anything, and I should have said something in Indy, but you should go to the doctor and get that festering sore on your face checked. I was doing some research today, and I think it might be a tumor. It really shouldn't be oozing that black stuff. You're fairly attractive, and I would hate to see you lose your face.----------------

AK-4, I truly appreciate your concern for my health. I went to the doctor this morning. That "festering" sore as you call it has now spread south. I hope the penicillin will kick in soon.

Hello:

The only problem I have with any Moderators, or the "new" system of going to the old is the disgression of the Moderator.

What may be acceptable by one may be something to be removed by another.

Some of the problems have been caused by the fact that this is the main contact Forum Members have with each other. Some things that should go to PM do not because of ego, bias and the ease to post. Going to PM is another step that some do not want to deal with.

As long as the same guidelines for Posting are kept by each Moderator, there should be no problem.

I am not saying that Amy is over bearing or heavy handed - but she will be taking a deserved Maternity leave. During that time other Moderators will be observing Posts.

It's not easy, but the message came through that some were out of control. Some of that goes back to the beginning of this post. You become cyber friends and friends do not always get along or they just start conversation that others join in on - with or without opinions.

dodger