Six recent pictures to share...

Great pics Guy! I love the cool equipment stand in the first one! Has the right retro look for my system! 9.gif

Erik, Once I get all the junk out of my room (storage during our 2 year and counting renovation! ugh!) I will post some pics!

----------------

On 6/19/2004 6:11:02 AM Erik Mandaville wrote:

Crafstmen PP 6V6 amplifier, recently slightly modified. I had restored, recapped, re-resistored (just a few), and re-wired (certain parts) this thing several years ago. I had used it for a short time with my Lowthers, but I was honestly astonished and amazed at how good this amp sounded with Klipschorns. It has really whet my appetite to explore push-pull circuit design more. I have been doing some research on differnt types and designs of phase inverters/splitters, and would really like to do a PP triode amplifier (or something with even more horsepower) sometime in the future. It uses 12AX7s in the voltage gain stage, and a 5Y3 rectifier.

----------------

I'm glad you revisited these amps. Enjoy.

erik6v6.jpg

Colin: I suspect your question about the OTL was for me (?) And why the sad face?!

The overall system picture (which doesn't include my Scott FM tuner)is as follows: The amps nearest the floor on either side are the vintage 6V6 PP amps. Behind them, to either side of the small cabinet are my parallel-feed DRD/Ultrapath monoblocks, and on the top of the cabinet is the Transcendent Sound SE OTL. The two toroidal transformers on the top of the chassis are power supply related, only. There is no transformer coupling to the speaker on the outputs. This a newer version of the SE OTL I built for Dubai2000, and was an absolute brute to quiet down. After literally hours of work and moving leads around inside the chassis with a chopstick while the amp was energized (DON'T DO THIS AT HOME UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!), I was able to get the residual noise down to a very low level.

It's thankfully consistently quiet now, and will be packed and shipped today.

edit: Ah! Colin, I think you are looking at the two transformer-looking parts on the top right side of the chassis. Is that right? Those are actually two filter chokes. It's easy to see how you might think they're transformers, though -- they in fact look very similar to the parallel-feed transformers in both our amplifiers.

Very nice system pictures!