150 watt SET amp.....

Well actually, I've been taking serious look at this amp. I was thinking about picking up for Paul's birthday present.

Dean:

I think you may have to actually become the Best Buy of crossover mods to afford those puppies. I don't think there are enough members in this forum for you to make that kind of profit.15.gif

You are just going to have to find another more appropriate gift for Paul, may I suggest a box of Saltenes. Then he can have all the crackers he wants.2.gif

----------------

On 6/20/2004 10:21:11 AM mdeneen wrote:

I wonder if there is a single member of this forum, lurking or posting, who would purchase a pair of $45,000 amps, let alone $350,000?

----------------

I know I wouldn't, even if I did have that kind of money to afford it. Hell, if I had that kind of money, I'd would just be getting a brand new pair of Klipschorns and perhaps a pair of those Wright Sound amps that Griff should me the four-color glossies for. The rest of the money I saved from not buying that overpriced gear would be put towards building an "acoustically correct" room much like what Artto has.

I could write a check for it. Why not! I've still got plenty of checks!

edit: Mark, that is a good point to ponder.

Is there anyone on the forum who would drop that kind of money on an amp?

After thinking on that for a while, there may be people around here who could do that if they wanted to, but being on the Klipsch forum, they are too smart to be taken in by that.

hey for $350,000 I could get Sade and Lisa Stansfield to play for my birthday party and have enough left over for an H2 and some new waverunners (and I suspect a few other goodies)...Just for the record I have nothing against people with significant wealth buying toys that please them (lots of people spend that much on cars, boats, planes, etc. every year)...more power to'em. regards, tony