Buying tubes from " bugleman " . Anyone ?

Dale W

E-bay seller bugleman ( currently 1856 with 100% positive ) has one of the best websites called wi wi tubes , great awesome pictures of tubes and a massive listing.

But my question is / has anyone bought tubes directly off this site without brokering through e-bay ? This guy sells a bloody ton of tubes on e-bay with 100% satisfaction but i have found no place on his web page to order tubes or even get pricing . Unless you count the contact us link .

Anyone buy tubes direct from these guys ????

Thanks guys , I was kinda thinking along those lines myself.

I've watched his sales for well over a year now and constantly wonder where he comes up with all these NOS NIB tubes , the mullard 5AR4 being of special intrest to me . They are not that easy to find at the best of times ( NOS NIB that is ) yet he constantly has them for sale.

Thanks again for your input guys .

many of the tubes are fakes, in his defense, I once pointed out that a tube I bought was suspicious and he promptly, without argument, refunded my money. I have a number of tubes I bought from him that are not fakes. I would say that if you are not a tube expert you would be better off at www.tubeworld.com

warm regards, tony

Hello:

I have not visited the site, BUT:

Richardson Electronisc of America did purchase the rights to the name "Bugle Boy."

At one time they were all made in America (in the '90s) but it can vary now. The Bugle Boys they make and sell today are supposed to be cream of the crop.

Richardson made most if not all of the tubes for the re-issue McIntosh MC275 and re-issue C-22.

He could be getting a number from there. If you want the new Richardson Bugle Boys, contact the Company. Forgot the number but the Company is in Chicago with most tubes being shipped out of NY State.

dodger