Why own Klipschorns? Here's why I do

Parrot

Did you mean capsulation?

Have I mentioned that Tubelover is not Paul?

"After finally getting a confession from Dean with respect to what you and your alter ego (this month it's tubelover) and others have been up to with your SET War..."

If some of the SET folks want to enjoy unmolested discussions, they should quit making their recommendations in such a way that fosters a spirit of exclusivity, and in such a way that doesn't infer these devices are the most transparent, involving, musical devices ever to grace the planet -- and anyone who can't hear it -- are just deaf and dumb mutes. You know, we didn't start this "war", they did .

In other words, some of us were tired of the assaults on our gear and music. There is no "confession" here, only an accusation.

"...I was so tired of your narrow minded poison being dispensed toward anyone who does not agree with you..."

Now if this isn't the pot calling the kettle "black"...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 6/22/2004 9:14:57 PM AK-4 wrote:

Did you mean
?

Have I mentioned that Tubelover is not Paul?

"After finally getting a confession from Dean with respect to what you and your alter ego (this month it's tubelover) and others have been up to with your SET War..."

If some of the SET folks want to enjoy unmolested discussions, they should quit making their recommendations in such a way that fosters a spirit of exclusivity, and in such a way that doesn't infer these devices are the most transparent, involving, musical devices ever to grace the planet -- and anyone who can't hear it -- are just deaf and dumb mutes. You know, we didn't start this "war", they did .

In other words, some of us were tired of the assaults on our gear and music, and simply decided to put some of you on the receiving end. There is no "confession" here, only an accusation.

"...I was so tired of your narrow minded poison being dispensed toward anyone who does not agree with you..."

Now if this isn't the pot calling the kettle "black"...----------------

AK-4,

Let's start with "Capsulization" not capsulation.

I strongly suggest you use a real hardbound dictionary like "Random House Websters Unabridged Dictionary", page 311. Do your homework better!

After your act over the last year denying any but pure intentions, and finally admitting a "War" against low powered SET amps, why would I believe ANYTHING that you have to say about your partner in terrorizing the 2 channel forum? You have NO credibility on the issue as far as I'm concerned.

Last, yes, I'm Black, and I'm proud of it! Yet, I have not been narrow minded and have always tried to have balance in my writings. I have always however made sure that Mr. Parrot, or NOSValves, or any other of your henchmen or puppets were dealt with on the same basis which they have presented themselves. You, and Parrot in particular, have made the 2 channel forum into a farce of "if we don't like it, we'll cause enough confusion to shut down the thread". I am very capable of standing up to you, or Parrot.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 6/22/2004 9:48:25 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

I do not own K Horns.

But I do like Dean's last observation!
----------------

I've often questioned the intonation of many of your posts. This will join the ranks of them.

Klipsch out.

The participants in this war should cease and desist. This is a written medium; anyone using it should recognize certain elements do not translate well here. Everyone should realize the difference between subjective and objective and they likewise should understand the difference between someone implying something and their inferring it.

If you don't agree with someone's statements, simply give your opinion if necessary and agree to disagree. There is no need to incite flame wars however. This stupid a$$, infantile behavior is what has led Klipsch to enact rules that affect all of us; the majority of whom don't even participate in this little *** for tat. What I find most disturbing in all of this is the people who sought to help and helped MANY people are the ones who are most ridiculed.

Put the 'war' to rest. It wasn't worth fighting in the first place.

Edit: Dean, I firmly believe tubelover is not Paul and have received outside confirmation of such. It is another member on this forum who was in Indy. It should be real interesting when someone decides to make the reveal. I myself have no qualms with doing so but I think it should be someone who has harbored the troll.

No, I think we work for Paul now. Looks like you've been demoted, and I've been bumped up to #2.

Edmond, is it possible for you to post without leveling an insult? You also have an interesting interpretation of facts. I'm not even going to bother addressing them. Since Kelly won't call and yell at me, maybe you would? This stuff is much easier without the keystrokes. I'm up, call if you want, and let's TALK. 937-299-6324.

I agree with Anarchist. It's idiotic, but I have the right to defend my own word when it's taken out of context and twisted into a pretzel. I also have the right to defend myself against personal attacks, as well as present an opposing position if I think it's warranted. If you don't like it, you can simply skip over my posts and ignore them.

For the record, "war" was originally put in quotes for a reason. I simply meant it as a figure of speech denoting the obvious. I never said we "started a war" against low power and/or SET. Seriously, enjoy your SET amps everyone. I don't really care what you choose to enjoy your music with -- just don't come back and tell me it's the best way to listen to MY music.

----------------

On 6/22/2004 8:51:19 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 6/22/2004 5:23:09 PM tubelover wrote:

I find it doubtful that you own K-horns.
----------------

Parrot,

The best capsulization of your post is "IDOTSPEAK".

Klipsch out.

----------------

Hmmm, so tubelover is Paul crossdressing. 6.gif.

----------------

On 6/22/2004 11:24:41 PM AK-4 wrote:

No, I think we work for Paul now. Looks like you've been demoted, and I've been bumped up to #2.

Edmond, is it possible for you to post without leveling an insult? You also have an interesting interpretation of facts. I'm not even going to bother addressing them. Since Kelly won't call and yell at me, maybe you would? This stuff is much easier without the keystrokes. I'm up, call if you want, and let's TALK. 937-299-6324.

I agree with Anarchist. It's idiotic, but I have the right to defend my own word when it's taken out of context and twisted into a pretzel. I also have the right to defend myself against personal attacks, as well as present an opposing position if I think it's warranted. If you don't like it, you can simply skip over my posts and ignore them.

For the record, "war" was originally put in quotes for a reason. I simply meant it as a figure of speech denoting the obvious. I never said we "started a war" against low power and/or SET. Seriously, enjoy your SET amps everyone. I don't really care what you choose to enjoy your music with -- just don't come back and tell me it's the best way to listen to MY music.

----------------

Dean,

Stow the BS. What insult? It seems you don't think I know the english language

well enough so you post a word with a hyperlink to Dictionary .com. What kind of insult is that? It will be a while before you give me english usage lessons. Next case, I never told you what to buy or what to listen to. What are you talking about? I have seen many people pick at your music taste, I never have. What I have done in the past is respond to misinformation presented as if it was fact about audio or SET amps, usually netting more misinformed statements and insults from Mr. Parrot in particular, as well as others. You can call your statement about war anything you like. I did not twist anything. You wrote it, not me. It could be called a slip of the tongue, or what ever you want, most people here can recognize it, and the resulting posts made by you, Parrot, and gang over the past year or more, for what it was. Somehow I thought things would get better after you read the survey results, realizing at least we weren't BSing you about sound quality. I pretty much left things for contemplation at that point.

But that's not really what my post was about here. Enter after two days. It's about Parrot posting a topic, a topic with a question, and when someone posts something that diagrees with him, and in fact, tried to educate him, out comes the poison. Part and parcel of a very familiar pattern. Following his poison is another henchman, tubelover, who is not a female, but a male, stirring the pot. And yes, now I too know who it is. Maybe he will have enough backbone to come out of the closet, but probably not given the spineless deception so far.

So cut the crap, please. Stop responding with "what "X" really meant was...". It's now about 2:00AM CDT, or 3:00AM EDT, so I don't think you want a call from me now. My days don't slow until after 9PM PDT. If you're going to be up that late tomorrow night, maybe I'll give you a shout.

Klipsch out.

What a debate. You can really see what makes the Klipschorn great. It can appeal to so many people from so many different walks of life and from many different religious persuasions - for example; SET believers, PP believers, even SS believers. (Okay I admit it, I am really a Klipsch undercover secret agent).

Ah man, I wasn't trying to insult you with the dictionary, I was just trying to be helpful. :) What's the world coming to when you can't even rely on an online dictionary?

You were right. I was out cold by the time you saw my post. A call tonight would be nice if you're into it.

----------------

The interviewer, Dave, says "The Klipschorn was designed for the days of mono, and it simply doesn't image."

Ok, so I don't own a pair of Klipschorns, and I have only listened to a pair briefly at Chris Robinson's home several months ago. Do Klipschorn's Image or not?

John---I've heard Klipsch speakers image well, very well. Mine do. Though it took a little fiddling with placement.

The greatest depth of image I ever heard, ever, was years ago when I had LaScalas driven by (gasp) SS Dynaco gear; a Dyna 400 and PAT-5 preamp. Thorens record player and ADC XLM. Sometimes the music seemed to extend back from the speakers, through the wall, and into the street. No lie.

I have to agree. I paid very careful attention to a Khorn demo and they imaged as good as anything I've ever heard.

I have come to the conclusion that (well, ALL of) these so-called reviewers don't know what the hell they are doing; especially concerning the care and feeding of Klipschorns...

If anyone thinks that one can just put them into any old corners that happen to be hanging around, then they are complete imbeciles. I also suspect that these so-called reviewers have their respective listening rooms set up for one type of speaker, the tall and skinny things that sit in the middle of the room as far from any and all walls as possible.

DM