Missed LaScala's

Doc Robin

Add i the paper wednesday for a set of black LaScala's in Little Rock for $600. i called but someone was on their way to look. They took my number and called back about 2 hrs later that they were sold. Did anyone here get them? Bill

P.S. I thought the wife was going to go through the roof when i told her. Keep saying something about a divorce if i bought anymore speakers. Guess i will have to live with what i have for awhile. Bill

I got a heads up from another forum member when I checked my e-mail at 4:30 p.m. yesterday, but it was too late by then.

I think these had had a home in a church in Little Rock. It did relieve the anticipatory guilt for getting a pair of Scalas for $600. I was already sensing this while dialing the number. It was that old "Thou Shalt Not Steal!" thing. But I think I could have gotten over it, o.k. 9.gif

----------------

On 6/24/2004 1:35:48 PM fini wrote:

Dee,

Think of the souls you could have uplifted with them!

----------------

Yes, indeed. It was a "mission from God". Just hope the buyer was a worthy soul and will continue it's purpose in a way that honors it's Heritage.

12.gif

Bill, don't feel bad about it. We went up to Iowa for my nephew's wedding last week, and I missed out on a set of Jensen Imperial speakers and a Scott 299b for $75, all working well.

Fortunately, a good friend had grown tired of hearing the good deals I have found in the paper, and his wife! pointed out the ad in the paper and said "This looks like one of the old amps Dave has. Go check it out, I want one that sounds that good." Bob had to visit the restroom to clean up after he got the speakers and amp loaded in the truck, and now he is trying to gloat, telling ME that I don't have anything that compares to his setup.

Audio bargain hunting is fun9.gif