banana plugs

I posted this along with the Reference comments, but would like thoughts on this little engineering item.

"Speaking of little things, those 5-way binding posts are great, but why is the distance between red and black greater than that of a standard dual banana plug?? My KSC-C1, RC7, and RB3's all do not match the INDUSTRY STANDARD of 3/4 center-to-center for the jacks. Why would Klipsch deliberately ignore a simple standard like this that makes hookup sooooo easy??"

All my amplifiers have the standard spacing for the dual-type bananas. Why don't my Klipsch speakers?

Thoughts people?

----------------

On 7/12/2004 11:40:00 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

All my amplifiers have the standard spacing for the dual-type bananas. Why don't my Klipsch speakers?

Thoughts people?

----------------

The banana plug spacing on my Elite receiver doesn't match up with the standard dual plugs either!

• Klipsch Employees

Just about all we use in the lab is "H-plugs" or dual banana. Most all our speakers are spaced the same. The banana goes in the end of the post after removing the "UK" plug. If you try to use the hole in the shaft of the post, it will work but is a bit tight.

post-4254-13819257081292_thumb.jpg

Trey,

We got some CT-8T speakers for some classrooms, and the spacing isn't 3/4 inch for sure. I understand the little plug for the safety in the UK thing, but they are farther apart than 3/4. It may be a five way binding post.

Great sound BTW, and they work great for the classrooms A/V setup. Just wish we could afford more of them to replace another brand we had used.

Marvel

Thanks Trey, at least now we know there is a reason for the banana jacks spacing differing from the US 3/4 standard. Now what type of 'dual' plug do you have access to that works with the Klipsch spacing. Can we obtain some of these?

Thanks,

Michael