Me and My Avatar

thebes

Hello Again:

For me I know I surprised GaryMD when he met me. As I was alo surprised.

The idea of us looking like our avatars made for some fun conversation.

I will state that as GaryMD has a different avatar now, he does not look like that one either.

He looks more like the Clint Eastwood type, or you may note resemblance to Eric Clapton.

dodger

----------------

On 7/15/2004 10:03:58 AM dodger wrote:

Hello Again:

I will state that as GaryMD has a different avatar now, he does not look like that one either.

He looks more like the Clint Eastwood type, or you may note resemblance to Eric Clapton.

dodger

----------------

I've been told I look like Ringo Starr but that was long ago. Dodger looks somewhat like Al Pacino in Serpico except his hair is shorter.

----------------

On 7/15/2004 10:10:48 AM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 7/15/2004 10:03:58 AM dodger wrote:

Hello Again:

dodger

----------------

I've been told I look like Ringo Starr but that was long ago. Dodger looks somewhat like Al Pacino in Serpico except his hair is shorter.

----------------

Gary is being modest - I have decided to let my hair grow a bit longer since I no longer have to abide by Dept. Regs.

Thanks for the compliment Gary, he is much better looking than Ringo - Betsy says so. We don't argue with Betsy, but she does tell the truth on a person's looks.

dodger

----------------

On 7/14/2004 8:31:17 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

GRRRRRRR.... I've tried editing it 8 different ways, it still won't work, but then again, I'm not surprised.

----------------

BTW, you almost had it there... the problem was your image name... "Up From Camper.JPG" has spaces in it. The forum has a harder time with those. I usually name my files like Up-From-Camper.JPG or Up_From_Camper.JPG

Next lesson... resizing and Optimising for the web.... 2.gif

Thanks to all your help I fixed it.

Champaign, you'd better pop a cork because your living large. Of course you do know abuut the unatural affinity huricanes and twisters have for trailers, don't you.

DaddyDee, not sure if that was meant facetiously or not. 11.gif It's not a bad trailer, but it would be a lot better if it were only for a weekend now and then instead of living in it. Here's a pic of what was going on a few weeks ago taken from about the same spot as the one of the trailer, but turned 120 degrees right, which is north. I kept it as a link so as not to screw up anyone on dialup, sorry BackBurner. 15.gif

post-13504-13819257109052_thumb.jpg

Thebes, I am acutly aware of the tornado issue, whenever it gets stormy out it's pretty tough to sleep anyway, so I turn on the tube and check the watches and warnings. If things get too nasty we have neighbors houses we can go to.

This is a shot coming down the driveway. We had to angle the garage a bit because of the lot line and we needed to push the house back as far from the lake as we could, zoning calls for 100 feet setback but we got a variance for 53.

post-13504-13819257110232_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 7/15/2004 5:59:29 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

Thebes, I am acutly aware of the tornado issue, whenever it gets stormy out it's pretty tough to sleep anyway, so I turn on the tube and check the watches and warnings. If things get too nasty we have neighbors houses we can go to.

This is a shot coming down the driveway. We had to angle the garage a bit because of the lot line and we needed to push the house back as far from the lake as we could, zoning calls for 100 feet setback but we got a variance for 53.

----------------

The only problem is that Tornadoes come equipped with maps for Trailer Parks - or so it seems.

As for the avatars - the ones where the Poster is wearing white in a blizzard is nice.

dodger