NEW FLAGSHIP DENON AVR-5805!!!!

Hyabusha

Weighing in at 90 pounds, Denons new flagship AVR-5805 marks the next step in the evolution of the companys reference-quality 5800 series audio/video receivers, elevating the entire category to new heights of surround sound realism and flexibility. The worlds first A/V receiver with 10 built-in amplifiers and 16-channel output, the AVR-5805 offers unprecedented multi-source and zone capabilities with perhaps the most comprehensive analog and digital audio/video switching configurations ever offered. It is scheduled for delivery in November with a suggested retail price of $6,000.... I can't wait to upgrade!!

9.gif Click on attachment to see It!

post-14372-13819257127852_thumb.jpg

90 pounds what a joke! For a receiver that touts that it has 7 X 140 watts. A single one of my DBX BXI's weighs in at 100lbs and it is only a 4 channel rated at 100W X 4 and stable to less than an ohm. For $6K I would buy separates in a second over that thing. Denon needs to get with the times and put out some nice separates and leave the receivers for entry level HT.

OMG!! That thing looks HUGE!!

As for cost...just remember, it's a one box hook-up versus a two box setup. And the way you guys are about buying those super-duper Monster Cable interconnects, why...you'd spend a grand on just the extra patch cables. 11.gif2.gif

Just kiddin', just kiddin'. 1.gif

Seriously though - I'm a Denon fan, but I think there's many more options out there at that $6K price point.

Tom

I still can't get over this! Even if you did choose to (foolishly) spend a fortune on patch cables, let's see what some of our other options might be:

Outlaw 950 and amp: ~$1550

Rotel RSP-1068 and RMB-1075 (125 real wpc) ~$2500

Rotel RSP-1098 and RMB-1095 (200 real wpc) ~$5000

Aragon Stage One and Aragon 2005 (200 wpc) ~$6000

Compare prices. Unless I had no idea what I was missing in good separates, had no space to spare, or were so incredibly lazy I couldn't unpack two boxes instead of one I just can't believe anyone would buy this product or a product like it.

Very similar in dimensions to the McIntosh MHT-200

MHT200_f.gif

denon-press-conference-avr-5805.jpg

The McIntosh is also rated for 140 watts x 8 (but into 4 ohms!) I'll be curious to see the complete specs to see how closely it parallels the Mac in other areas - Denon and McIntosh are part of the same company now, FYI for anyone that didn't know that.

----------------

On 7/16/2004 1:29:30 PM Sanman023 wrote:

from what i read from one of those home theater magazines....denon is coming out with separates....which cost much more than this flagship....

----------------

Interesting - maybe it's more influence from McIntosh? I just hope that Mac's patents like Power Guard and Sentry Monitor don't start showing up in Denon equipment - I'd hate to see McIntosh becoming Denon-like and vice versa.

$6,000 for a reciever is murder unless the thing makes you eggs for breakfast and wipes your butt for you.

For 6 grand get a mail-order-bride which costs much less and does the same thing and buy some seperates.

I have the 3805, got it for $1,000, has everything i own (cable, dvd, computer, 8 video game systems through a switcher,+ misc) hooked up and the sound thruogh my Klipsch refernce 35 series is far good enough for me.

Until connectivity upgrades stop changing )DVI, HDMI) and a standard is settled upona nd the recievers have that digital switching in it, dropping that much cash doesn't seem logical.

My 2 cents.

yawn...reads like spam.

I've been looking at Anthem AVM30 pre/pro or Onix Emotiva pre/pro and MC amps ($4k for stack)...I just can't image what a $6 receiver brings to the party other than flyover channel, effects channels, etc and bells and whistles.

Would a pre/pro box be better so it can be replaced w/o buying 10 more amps? Maybe by then you'll want new digital amps anyway.

From Denon I thought about a cheaper solution (3805 w/outlaw MC amp).

I also wonder about that Kenwood digital amp that's getting all the giant killer chat.

Frz-

I was speaking with one of the Denon reps earlier this year, and they will be bringing out an "affordable" line of separates, most likely some time next year. I'm really looking forward to those, especially the pre/pro, as it will supposedly have all the bells and whistles that the 480x/5805 receivers have; PL IIx, full bass management, adjustable x-overs, connections galore, etc.

I agree though, $6k for this receiver seems a bit pricey, espcially with the available wattage. The 5803 was 170W x 7, and now it's 140W x 7? Hmm, seems like we're going backwards here.