Heresy's in the Atlanta Area?

redtop

I've got a favor to ask of you guys...9.gif

I'm interested in setting up a couple of Heresy's in a small room (12 x 14). Problem is there are no Heritage dealers within 200 miles that have a demo room. I hate to just go buy things on eBay and try them out that way...it really makes the wife crazy. And that is NOT a good thing...14.gif

Is there anyone on this forum in the Atlanta area that would be willing to give me a listen to their Heresy's?

I'm posting this here and on the HT forum. My e-mail is brad@alwaysthankful.com

Thanks in advance.

Shameless Bump...9.gif

I also just realized that I had not updated my profile since my move from North Carolina last April. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

If there is not anyone available for demo, how about this...

I current own KG 3.5's and KLF-30's. How about some opinions on how the Heresy's sound compared to those. What can I expect? A KLF without the bass? A KG 3.5 in a smaller cabinet? Any relevant opinion appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Redtop

Hi redtop,

I have a pair of Heresys you could come over to listen to. I won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks, but send me a PM or an email through the BB and we can set something up.

There is a dealer in Atlanta, Melton's Pro Sound on Jimmy Carter Blvd., that did carry some Klipsch Heritage speakers. I haven't been in their shop in a couple of years, but they had a pair of Heresys in stock last time I was there. The owner is a blowhard IMHO, but that is another story.

Thanks for the reply Edster! I was beginning to think that no one cared anymore...15.gif9.gif

When I checked with Melton last week, the sales person on the other end of the phone said that they only special order Heritage stuff. But that certainly doesn't mean he "knew" anything. I'll stop over there in the next day or two and see for myself.

Thanks for the offer to listen to your Heresy's. Your kindness in this regard is much appreciated. If I don't get a listen in the meantime, I'll e-mail you in a week or two to set something up.

Thanks.

Redtop

Heres my Meltons story, sorry it is so long:

When I first moved to Atlanta Meltons was recommended to me as a stereo shop where I could get some equipment to set up a small home theater. My wife wanted Bose speakers (bless her heart) and Meltons carried them. We got our little HT setup and pretty much forgot about Meltons.

Many years later, spring of 2001, I was driving down Jimmy Carter Blvd. and noticed that Meltons had moved their store location. I went in and while looking around I discovered that they carried Klipsch speakers! Kewl! I had an all Klipsch HT by that time (finally talked some sense into my lovely wife) and I also had my 2 channel rig in the basement. At that time I had Cornwalls and Belles and I really wanted a pair of K-horns. Meltons had all the reference speakers and a pair of Heresys. I knew the other Heritage were coming back into production at that time and asked the owner if he was getting any in. He stated that he had ordered 1 pair of every Heritage speakers coming back into production from the new K-horns to the new Cornwalls. I mentioned hat I didnt believe the Cornwall was coming back into production but he assured me it was (I argued with him for a bit but he insisted his Klipsch salesman had said it so it was true). I told him I would be back to check out the K-horns when he got them in.

I went back later that summer but no new Heritage. The first sales person I spoke to that visit said they didnt carry Klipsch, but I took him to the room where they were located, a separate room that was mostly set up to demo HT stuff. I did know Klipsch was behind in production at that time so I said Id be back.

I went back again about a year later, (this was the summer of 2002, I had purchased my 78 K-horns about that time), to see what Heritage he had in stock. He still only had a pair of Heresys. Mr. Melton explained to me that the Heritage speakers were not back into production yet. I told him they were, and that I knew some folks who had received shipment of them. He didnt believe me.

I went back again last summer but was informed that the Heritage line was being phased out and Mr. Meltons Heritage order had been cancelled by Klipsch LLC.

Edster,

Interesting story...1.gif , but a little bit sorry at the same time. I'm sure Klipsch would like better market penetration in the Atlanta area, but they sure aren't going to get it with dealers that don't know sheet from shinola. Mark sounds like he has a better demo setup than Melton's anyway...3.gif

Mark,

I would be interested in a demo. I'm in Buford and that is just across the hill from Athens. If you would be willing schedule a time, just let me know what works for you. My e-mail... brad@alwaysthankful.com

Thanks.

Redtop

Ed/Red/Par,

Looks like we might be able to coordinate a little Klipsch listening party. For now I will email Red. If you other guys are interested, please email me.

I have my 3 2 Ch. systems set up and running in 3 different rooms, 2 are really large rooms on different floors. So they can all play at once and you can go from room to room to hear the different speakers and amps. We could also do some outdoor testing which most people don't do, but definitely shows the strong points of a pair of LaScalas.

Thanks for the offer Par. I'll keep it in mind, but I don't have room for LS, thus my interest in Heresy's. Some day maybe...3.gif

Thou shalt not tempt me...11.gif

Redtop

P.S. maybe someday we should have a gathering for all the Atlanta area Klipsch-heads.

Not to hi-jack a thread - but speaking of Klipsch dealers...

Some of you may already be aware of this, but I just want to bring some visibility to a Klipsch Heritage dealer right here in Northern California. In fact, they're right in fini's neck of the woods.

Take a look - http://www.sonic.net/soundscape/klipsch/klipsch1.htm

From what I gather, they're carrying the whole line. Fini...can you verify this? Any experience with this shop?

I saw that not too long ago. Last time I was in that shop, they didn't carry Klipsch, and the main salesman, when hearing I (at that time) had Cornwalls, mocked them by cupping his hands to his mouth, horn-like. I'll have to stop by and see where his hands are now.

Makes my heart glad that my son paid under $300 for my Heresy IIs!

I'm up by LaFayette, a fur piece from you Atlanta folks. But a gathering could be a nice thing, and a much shorter drive than where some of the yankees gather.

Marvel

ps I pass through Smyrna and Marietta every Sunday on my way to church.

Bassetized,

Thanks for the heads-up on Audio Alternatives. I called them before they closed today, but they don't have any Klipsch right now. I guess they get them as trade-ins from time to time.

They said the best thing to do was check via e-mail every few weeks, so I guess that's what I'll do.

Redtop

I'm also in Atlanta and would love to be a part of a Georgia Klipsch listening get together of sorts. I also have been interested in Heritage but have been unable to audition at any stores. I don't have anything gear-wise to really contribute, only maybe an old HK630 or if someone wants to hear an SVS sub.

Hey, I live in Loganville and would like to be a part of the party! ;-)

I'm not really an audiophile.....so I don't have the knowledge nor the money to really get into all of this as much as 99% of the posters. But I do love the sound of Klipsch. I have yet to find any speaker that matches them, in my opinion. My HT consists of the entire Legend series. KLF-20's, KLF-C7 center, KSP-S6 rears. I LOVE them. I also have a set of Klipsch Ultra ProMedia5.1 for my computer.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread...I've never heard the older Klipsch speakers before.

P.S. I work in the Athens area all the time, so maybe I can stop by one day.

Hey, where's Loganville?!? 9.gif Sorry I know that's a very old joke around these parts...2.gif

Nothing wrong or low-end with your setup. Due to the size and weight differential I'd rather have KLF-20's than my 30's, but it just didn't work out that way for me.

Sounds like we may have to do some planning with so much interest in a "gathering".

Thanks for your input.

Redtop