In Search of Round Magnet K-77's

Hello,

I'm looking for a set of K-77 tweeters with the round (alnico) magnet for my cornwalls, was wondering if any of you had a set you were willing to part with, and what you'd want for them? Send me a line here, or shoot me an e-mail: markvi82@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot,

Jon

With a bit of patirnce you will see one or two show up on Ebay as someone parts out an older Heresy. It will come your way.

The T-35 is the same unit - some folks here will tell you that Klipsch had a much more narrow tolerance for meeting their measurements - therefore the K77 was the T 35 that met Klipsch standards.

I wouldn't know - never heard them side by side - I expect it would be difficult to easil;y tell the difference.

Jerohm, yes they are, in fact I had a bid on them. What do you guys think they're worth? I don't want to overpay.

I want them for my '81 Cornwalls which have the ceramic magnet ones. I wanted to switch to Alnico- use Paul's original design for it. Would those work fine with the stock type B crossover that's in them now?

-Jon

There most likely be no audible difference between the ceramic and alnico models. However, the ceramic magnet K-77M is the correct tweeter for 1981 models. My Belle Klipsch were 1980's and they had the K-77M's in them. I do not know when Klipsch made the switch to the K-77M (late 70's?).

You are not really going to gain anything by the swap.

Jon,

I've got three at home!!!!

They came out of my Klipschorns when they were upgraded to 2003 series.

I'm not at home now (will be out for a few days) and the wife probaly couldn't find them but if you are interested I can take a few pics and e-mail them to you.

Kinda wish I knew you were looking for them when you picked up your Corns. Would of saved you a bit of a hasssle

----------------

On 7/27/2004 1:10:47 PM Cornwalled wrote:

Thanks Jim!

As I think about it more, I can't help but think that money could be better spent elsewhere. Frzninvt is probably right- would I really gain anything?

Jon
----------------

I believe that is the right tact - I also think there may be some crossover differences specific to the different tweeters. A bag of worms is possible.

I agree, Hwatkins. I'm happy with them the way they are, I was just curious what the other ones would do. So I think I won't mess with a good thing.

I believe that is the right tact - I also think there may be some crossover differences specific to the different tweeters. A bag of worms is possible.

----------------