newest POS to Bo$e life$tyle series

Scp53

go to bestbuy.com and look at Blo$es 4 grand system. that outperform my Klipsch by a long shot lol. its the lifestyle 48 5.1. finally they got audio storage on them, for ONLY a 1000 more friggin $ than other life$tyle systems. what a joke. please blose- give up on your crappy systems. give a customer something good for their money...

worse goto www.bose.com and read the opening statement:

Research fuels technology, and superior technology lead to superior performance. At Bose, we support our research by reinvesting 100% of out profits back into out company.

You can hear the results in every product we make.

Ummmmmm bull**** lmao no one would be making money if they reinvested 100% back into the company, gotta pay the employees something. Also they make claims and patent pend **** and sue later. Well someone should sue for false advertisement. Really someone should to make Bose look like a moron.

OMFG i went to the bestbuy website, what a load of ****. 4000 dollars for the same thing as a lifestyle 35 No upgrade to smaller (Hey that bose's theory) speakers, no change to the bass module (can't even ****ing call it a subwoofer) all they added was storage for mp3s? get a freaking ipod and hook it up to the stereo or its called 1/8 miniplug to rca adaptor......................... and they openly lowr their standards by allowing mp3 storage. Ok I admit I have lots of mp3s but if I had the money I would defintely buy the original cd cause the quality just soo much better.

I read in a current periodical (Business Week, I believe) that Bose is trying to get car companies to adopt a suspension system it has created. What will THAT look like - 9 tiny struts on each wheel, each designed to provide the full spectrum of support?

The article also said that while car companies weren't necessarily racing to re-tool to implement this suspension, the BOSE name would be a powerful draw as most consumers correlate Bose with the best audio you can get.

Bose is so bull$hit. for 4 g's I could get one h#ll of a nice receiver/speaker combo from Klipsch. heck I could even get a decent tv and all the wiring too.

I ve seen so many people think blo$e is good. and the sad thing is that once people buy these POS's, they'll never admit it is cr@p- even if they know it is(my friend is this way. his dad has a lifestyle 5.1 with single cr@p cubes and 2 midrange drivers in the sub. thinks the sub is comparable to my 10" titanic. yeah right. the only reason he says that is because he won't adimit they suck.perfect example of Blo$e marketing at work).

----------------

On 7/26/2004 12:14:02 AM Scp53 wrote:

go to bestbuy.com and look at Blo$es 4 grand system. that outperform my Klipsch by a long shot lol. its the lifestyle 48 5.1. finally they got audio storage on them, for ONLY a 1000 more friggin $ than other life$tyle systems. what a joke. please blose- give up on your crappy systems. give a customer something good for their money...

----------------

Ah yes, bashing Bose! It is like shooting fish in a barrel. 11.gif

Ohh, now you can store music on your Blose system. How innovative! 340 hours of music. I don't know what compression rate that figure is assuming, but if using typical compression rates of 128kbps, one minute of music on MP3 runs about 1 meg in file size. Using that as a guide, the Blose unit must have a about a 20gig drive in there. 340 hours x 60 minutes = 20,400 minutes. At about a meg a minute, 340 hours would require about 20,400 megs of storage, or about 20 gigs.

What is even funnier is look at the specs between the LS 35 and the LS 38 systems. The '35' is around $2,700, and the '38' is around $3,000. The only difference between the two is that the '38' has progressive-scan capabilities. So for that additional $300, you get proggressive-scan! Whoopdy-friggan-doo! For that same $300, you could buy that Samsung HD-841 "universal" player, plus all the required cabling to hook the thing up. Not only do you have the progressive-scan, but you also have SACD and DVD-A playback! I wonder how many years it will be before Blose puts SACD and/or DVD-A playback capabilities in thier Life$tyle units (and will probably charge a premium for it - I can see it, the new Life$tyle 45 - Identical to the LS 38, but with SACD playback as the only "enhancement" - for $3,500!). I would be willing to bet the Samsung unit would be superior in playback quality than the built-in DVD player on the Blose Life$tyle systems (if memory serves correctly, are the DVD transport on the Blose units supplied by Toshiba? However, I'll be willing to bet the DACs are Blose proprietary, though).

yeah, as for being able to store music, there are number of solutions you can do for that extra $1000! Everything from getting one of those Turtle Beach Audiotron units and use your PC to getting an iPod and hooking it up with the 1/8 to RCA adaptor. Or even getting a Kenwood Music Keg, which you could also use in the car!

However, to give Blose credit here, that is the first time that I've seen that capability to be included in a HTiB setup, though. Granted, it is a very pricy HTiB, but still an HTiB none-the-less.

As for those that says Blose must be the best, well, compared to the other HTiBs it's usually compared against, that statement does often hold true, though.

Think about it for a second. Somebody goes into Best Buy looking for an all-in-one HT solution. They go and listen to several of the $300 to $500 HTiB setups that are hap-hazardly stacked up against the wall, on a shelf. Of course, the customer listening to these don't have any material to listen to, and of course, neither does the "sales associate". The only way to evaulate the sound is to try to pickup one of the local radio stations using the FM tuner built into the reciever.

They then and go listen to a Blose Life$tyle setup in that snazzy little kiosk, with the speakers actually setup like they should. Of course, the kiosk is loaded with material specially selected to showoff the capabilities of the unit. They are blown away, and they they look at the price. $3,000! Oh man, if it costs that much, than it has to be good! Wow, this is high-end stuff here! They want it, but $3-large is a lot compared to the $300-$500 units they have been listening to. But its BOSE for crying out loud! They heard from thier friends that it is the best, and what they heard themselve, it is better than the cheapy units (never mind that none of those were setup anywhere near optimal, and the only thing they listened to was some crappy radio station. When in reality, some of those cheaper units can actually give Bose quite a run for the money). Also, they can go to thier friends and say, "Look at this, we got a Bose system!". Thier friends will be wowed (unless any of them happen to be audiophiles).

They then go an HT forum to ask about setup and opinions, only to be surprised at how Bose is really looked upon in the HT enthusiats/audiophile circles. But, after spending that much money, the know it has to be good and will deny everything. Offers by others to let them listen to thier own setups containing any number of superior brands, i.e., Klipsch, Energy, Mirage, Boston-Acoustic, Paradigm, B&W, and so forth, are turned down. Suggestions to return the Bose and go to a true high-end dealer and listen to similar priced, but superior quality setups are also declined! After all, they have Bose and it is the best, and nobody is going to tell them otherwise!

To each thier own, I guess! 14.gif

I am assuming that because this $4k system doesn't support DD or Prologic, one would have to use their proprietary "Videostage 5" when not using DTS.

This sort of makes sense, though: If 99% of all movies are DD, and all movies using DD sound are going to sound like crap using a Blose system, they are probably using their circuitry to try and make things sound better.

"Ignore the man behind the curtain"

I actually got a chance to see a demo of the car suspension system they had applied to a Lexus LS400 sedan. They were using "rare earth" neodemium magnets electronically controled.

I thought the application could have been better applied to the frieght or rail industry instead of the consumer automotive...imo. I'm sure the $$$ tag would be something very few OEM's could afford...doesn't sound like Lexus bought it!

• Like 1

----------------

On 7/27/2004 4:00:48 PM Steve W. Bailey wrote:

I actually got a chance to see a demo of the car suspension system they had applied to a Lexus LS400 sedan. They were using "rare earth" neodemium magnets electronically controled.

I thought the application could have been better applied to the frieght or rail industry instead of the consumer automotive...imo. I'm sure the $$$ tag would be something very few OEM's could afford...doesn't sound like Lexus bought it!
----------------

No, sounds like a great idea! If you have electrical problems, your suspension bottoms out. Sounds like fun at 80MPH!!

----------------

On 7/26/2004 1:11:04 PM dougdrake wrote:

I read in a current periodical (Business Week, I believe) that Bose is trying to get car companies to adopt a suspension system it has created. What will THAT look like - 9 tiny struts on each wheel, each designed to provide the full spectrum of support?

The article also said that while car companies weren't necessarily racing to re-tool to implement this suspension, the BOSE name would be a powerful draw as most consumers correlate Bose with the best audio you can get.

----------------

Well, lets consider that this is not quite as bad as what I just saw in Stereophile, the Wavac monoblock power amplifiers, priced at $350K/pair, that arrived damaged (non-working) (even though heavily crated), only to fail (again) a week later, made by a Japanese industrial concern that is "involved in large scale road building".

Hmmm.....maybe Blose and these guys should get together! 7.gif Sounds like they could use a new & improved suspension system from Blose!

----------------

On 7/27/2004 5:10:58 PM bclarke421 wrote:

No, sounds like a great idea! If you have electrical problems, your suspension bottoms out. Sounds like fun at 80MPH!!

----------------

Not as funny as you think. I had an 87 Mitsi Galant with an electronically controlled suspension. Wiring on suspension failed - that thing rode like a concrete slab on wheels the rest of the time I owned it.

Guest Anonymous

ok we all know that this thing really sucks and its no good, but it does have a huge hard drive in it and its very simple to copy your music and tv shows to the hard drive all you have to do is hit a plus key to copy and a minus for no, you can originize a whole bunch of playlists by genre etc... these are things that the panasonic hd recorder cannot do that i think they should as far as simplicity goes... but at the same time if you think its a joke on paper wait till you hear it... wow is it bad... my new job has brought through and through these new systems and what not and i had the great oppertunity to spend some time with it and the bose rep (a total total wierdo named brian) told me that this was the greatest advancement for bose since the "jewel cube", that is when i got up and walked away... also one more thing for the love of god they finally decided to put a progressive scan dvd player in the piece of crap... that used to bother me so much btw....

----------------

On 7/31/2004 6:48:35 PM Gramas701 wrote:

ok we all know that this thing really sucks and its no good, but it does have a huge hard drive in it and its very simple to copy your music and tv shows to the hard drive all you have to do is hit a plus key to copy and a minus for no, you can originize a whole bunch of playlists by genre etc... these are things that the panasonic hd recorder cannot do that i think they should as far as simplicity goes...

----------------

Here is a page from the enGadget website about the new Bose "uMusic".

It does sound like it has some nifty features, such as being able to rate songs as well as automatically generating playlists based on listening preferences. If they made a stand-alone "uMusic" component (say, for those that already have Life$tyle systems and want to add this feature) and offered it at a decent price, and it actually produced a good quality output, I would probably even consider getting one. Unfortunatly, they only offer this as part of thier currently highest-end crappy Life$tyle system. Thanks, but no thanks! I'll stick with my Klipsch and B&K and just get a Turtle Beach Audiotron and stream the music from my server (damn thing has half a terabyte of storage now! 9.gif).