Whatever Happened to Mr GF Handel?

maxg

LOL! Im still here guys1.gif Ive been listening to some classic rock lately, Queen mainly. I still indulge in a little smooth classical if I need to unwind and relax. So what have you got for me Max? I read your thread regarding the dynamic ranges of the digital classical recordings and find them very interesting, I will have to purchase a few of those CD's to test out on my system. 10.gif

----------------

On 7/30/2004 10:08:09 AM Klipsch RF7 wrote:

LOL! Im still here guys
1.gif
Ive been listening to some classic rock lately, Queen mainly. I still indulge in a little smooth classical if I need to unwind and relax. So what have you got for me Max? I read your thread regarding the dynamic ranges of the digital classical recordings and find them very interesting, I will have to purchase a few of those CD's to test out on my system.
10.gif

----------------

Well, glad to know you're still around with a different handle.

BTW, very nice system. I heard a pair of RF-7's with Dean's crossovers driven by Quads. Impressive.

----------------

On 7/31/2004 12:24:59 PM DeanG wrote:

14.gif

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thump, ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, snap crackle pop snap crackle pop snap crackle pop

----------------

Let me guess Dean: You told everyone there to shut up twice collapsed into your chair and are eating rice crispies? (not necessarily in that order) Man breakfast in your house must be brutal!9.gif

Edit: or perhaps you thought you heard Snap Crackle F*** Him?

----------------

On 7/31/2004 12:24:59 PM DeanG wrote:

14.gif

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thump, ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, snap crackle pop snap crackle pop snap crackle pop

----------------

Deano,I am so happy with my NEW DIGITAL and there is no snap, crackle pop, it sounds like the Master Tapes, not the LP'S, BLOWS away my old XA777ES, yeah baby3.gif NO digititis anymore, And my horns have never sounded better10.gif

Well if you are going to change your name on the forum how is a guy supposed to find you.

Worse - I am now on holiday and am connected on my handheld computer so typing aint easy, plus I cant see all the albums I bought so I have to work from memory.

Suffice to say a plethora of titles came my way including the big three - Water Music, Fireworks Music and the Messiah along with sundry lesser pieces.

All on vinyl of course, at two bucks a shot.

The Water Music is staggeringly good in terms of both recording and performance

Definatly, I have a great SACD recording of Handel's Water Music and Music for the Royal Fireworks conducted by Pierre Boulez and the New York Philharmonic, very dynamic and rich recording on the Sony Classical label.

Enjoy the Handel vinyl, his music is timeless indeed, very upbeat and well thought out pieces.

----------------

On 7/31/2004 9:50:23 AM DaddyDee wrote:

Well, glad to know you're still around with a different handle.

BTW, very nice system. I heard a pair of RF-7's with Dean's crossovers driven by Quads. Impressive.

----------------

Thank you, must have been a very impressive setup that you heard. I bet it sounded amazing with those amps and updated crossovers. What impressed you most about the speakers?