Philips 963 SA

dgb

Bill,

I goofed!!15.gif I saw what in my mind was 963 but wasn't. Piranha caught the error so I canceled. There was a 963 on ebay yesterday I sniped it at $201 but was beaten by another sniper. So now????1.gif

All I know is that I don't feel comfortable spending $2K or more on technology that will be totally obsolete soon (SACD) with, what is it, blue-ray discs, on the horizon? $250 or so would be more prudent if the sound quality is comparable. A little tweaking to get that sound is a fair compromise.

Rick

I found my response. Search since apr 04 for the title:

"Thanks dubai2000, 963SA pwr cap"

here is the mod text:

----------------------------------------

'Open your 963SA and on the right side is the power supply board that is totally seperated from the reast of the unit.

The board has three screws holding it in and two power wires that unclip by hand.

Remove the board and remove the biggest capacitor and replace whith the BG VK150/350v cap and make sure that you replace it whith the arrow on each cap the same and your all set.

This is as easy as cap mods get but if you can't solder or don't feel comfortable doing so....bring it to someone who can.'

----------------------------------------

Leo

----------------

On 8/4/2004 7:32:39 AM dgb wrote:

Never could bring myself to shell out a couple hundred bucks for power supply stuff. I have an old surge protector on, that's about it. I have noticed a lot more noise in the line since we moved a mini-fridge down to the basement however.

----------------

Of course you did, because refrigerators are the worst in-home AC pollution devices in existence. That thing is pouring noise into your AC line, and it's on the same circuit as your HT!

----------------

On 8/4/2004 8:32:13 PM tillmbil wrote:

I know, procrastination has been killing me. Thw wife lets me watch so few DVD's that I have just not bothered. I use the REF 50 remote to work it now, but it does not do all the features.

My Sony C333ES skips sometimes so I thought maybe I would change it.

----------------

Did you already try cleaning the lens ?