So Gary, Now that You've Got Your Khorns>>>

thebes

What are you going to do with all those spare Cornwalls you've got lying around?

(heh,heh,heh)

Just so you know I have over 200 posts, am a Leo and....

Hey, get out of here you guys! Stop that! I saw them first! WAIT, WAIT... (sounds of breaking things and trampelling hordes)

I spoke with Gary earlier today who assured me the Cornwalls trounce all over his Klipschorns. He's pretty depressed about it, and is considering giving the Klipschorns to Craig in exchange for free amps for the rest of his life.

----------------

On 8/3/2004 8:40:30 PM DeanG wrote:

I spoke with Gary earlier today who assured me the Cornwalls trounce all over his Klipschorns. He's pretty depressed about it, and is considering giving the Klipschorns to Craig in exchange for free amps for the rest of his life.
----------------

he should also consider giving them to Gordon Rankin or Ron Welborne, .2.gif

----------------

They are amazing speakers and I feel truly blessed to have been the lucky poster that morning.
12.gif
- Monday July 19, 2004 at 08:21:01.
9.gif

----------------

Not by much. 2.gif No other devotee more deserving. Let me know when the basement remodel is done. I will be glad to help you move them again. That concrete floor is ideal to contain that bass bin. I am sure the wife would like a bigger office now anyway.

Now dag gone it. You told me you weren't going crank them hardly at all, and that you were the civil type.1.gif So I figure, O.K., he can do the Type A. But, if you're going to be jacking those beasts from time to time (with your wife out in the front yard pleading for entrance back into the house), then I think you probably ought to run the AA. The Type A is fine, but if you push them (100db or higher) -- the K-77s are going to start cussing. It's only two more 2uF caps -- not exactly break the bank material.

----------------

On 8/3/2004 6:15:35 PM thebes wrote:

What are you going to do with all those spare Cornwalls you've got lying around?

(heh,heh,heh)

Just so you know I have over 200 posts, am a Leo and....

Hey, get out of here you guys! Stop that! I saw them first! WAIT, WAIT... (sounds of breaking things and trampelling hordes)

----------------

FYI - The cornwalls will be picked up this Saturday by a forum member whose identity I will keep private from all who didn't see my original post.

----------------

On 8/3/2004 10:41:20 PM DeanG wrote:

Now dag gone it. You told me you weren't going crank them hardly at all, and that you were the civil type.
1.gif
So I figure, O.K., he can do the Type A. But, if you're going to be jacking those beasts from time to time (with your wife out in the front yard pleading for entrance back into the house), then I think you probably ought to run the AA. The Type A is fine, but if you push them (100db or higher) -- the K-77s are going to start cussing. It's only two more 2uF caps -- not exactly break the bank material.

----------------

It's rare Dean. I'd rather have the best sound under 100dbs then the best over 100dbs. Can I have the best of both worlds?

I was talking steady state Guy. On the #4 tap, at those levels -- things start to sound a little choppy to me. It sure doesn't sound like a "happy" sound. Steady state means 110 - 120db peaks. Pretty damn loud, and even a headbanger like me can only enjoy it for a few songs.

No Gary, I don't think you can have it both ways. No free lunch with this stuff.