Can someone recommend a sub to me? Lost.

lancestorm

I am mainly looking for your inputs as to what Klipsch or SVS (or well heck any sub company for that matter) that would go well with my situation:

- Currently have no sub, just the five floorstanders: RF-3II and an HK AVR630 receiver.

- Will be for a 13 x 22 foot room, with 7 foot ceilings in some parts, 8 - 9 feet in other parts. Room is pretty much closed off from everything (just one open walkway 36-40 inches wide in a corner). Ceiling would be drywalled.

- Looking for performance for movies. I play music a lot, but want this mostly for rocking my movie world. I'm missing the rocking right now cause I have no sub. Those floorstanders can only go so low...

I don't want to put a budget out there because I'm really looking for the best bang for the buck that will work great for the room dimensions and speaker information I have given above. Just please give me some ideas.

To be honest I was at one point looking at the SVS PB2-plus for $1199. There's no way I would spend more. Less spent is better so I can buy some other stuff...!!!

Thanks guys.

Don't forget Hsu! Fine subs for the money. I have had mine now for quite some time. Absolutely no problems and it can double as a masseuse..3.gif

Very clean and powerful in my living room which is 20' X 18'/ vaulted 8' ceiling.

All good choices you have there.........

Take care

Mike (The Yamaha/Hsu Underdog)

----------------

On 8/6/2004 1:32:15 PM lancestorm wrote:

I am mainly looking for your inputs as to what Klipsch or SVS (or well heck any sub company for that matter) that would go well with my situation:

- Currently have no sub, just the five floorstanders: RF-3II and an HK AVR630 receiver.

- Will be for a 13 x 22 foot room, with 7 foot ceilings in some parts, 8 - 9 feet in other parts. Room is pretty much closed off from everything (just one open walkway 36-40 inches wide in a corner). Ceiling would be drywalled.

- Looking for performance for movies. I play music a lot, but want this mostly for rocking my movie world. I'm missing the rocking right now cause I have no sub. Those floorstanders can only go so low...

I don't want to put a budget out there because I'm really looking for the best bang for the buck that will work great for the room dimensions and speaker information I have given above. Just please give me some ideas.

To be honest I was at one point looking at the SVS PB2-plus for $1199. There's no way I would spend more. Less spent is better so I can buy some other stuff...!!!

Thanks guys.

----------------

If there's no way you would spend more then you'll probably want to go with an SVS product instead of a Klipsch. As far as "rock your world" I assume you mean your house to the ground. I don't think Klipsch will provide you with that for around $1000; SVS will provide more bang for the buck, and since you're looking for movies, SVS will go as low as they come (great for movies). I get tactile response down to 11 Hz. Now that doesn't have much practicality, it's great to know I can do a subsonic limbo if I choose to.

I hate advertising my own sub, but I really don't know what else to say. It would provide much more than reference in your room, so go for it. And glue the pictures to the wall.2.gif

I appreciate you need as much 'bang for your buck' as you can get. But cheap sub woofers will only disappoint in the long term. The othe subwoofers mentioned in this thread are good, but I think Klipsch have come a long way with their subwoofer products. Klipsch Reference series subwoofers have really impressed me - especially the Reference RSW-10 and RSW-12. Both are ideal for movies, but excel with music reproduction. Of course if you had the dollars the RSW-15 would be even better. If dollars are a real problem, then look at the Reference RW-10 and RW-12.

Funny, I haven't seen a disappointing review of ANY SVS products. In fact, all ratings I've seen have been outstanding. Not really sure how these 'cheap' subs could disappoint. The RW series of subs aren't even in the same league as ANY of SVS's offerings, and some might say the same even about the RSW series (although I won't go that far).