Finally - New Home Theater Pictures

SCOOTERDOG

Well as many of you know my family and I moved this summer to Twin Falls Idaho. I finally have my HT room 50% complete to the way I want and 85% functional. I still have not built the divider wall to enclose the theater area but have completed the plans for the build out. These pics are where the room stands as of today. The theater area is 23x16, very close to optimal room size with a ceiling of 8'. Besides seperating the computer and game area with the new wall there will also be a wall built where the stairs come down to enclose the whole room, other then the entry way. This will also provide a mounting point for the rear channel. Right now I have seating for 4 with plans on going to 7. Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think.

Scooter

more pic follow

post-8797-13819257383382_thumb.jpg

Actually it is not as bad as it seems. since I recline back you are looking up anyway so there is no cramping of the neck. As far as the sound. My center sounds better then ever because the mids and highs are at the same level. Keep in mind I also listen to a lot of DVD Audio disc's so having the front 3 on par with each other is very important. ...nest to come is the Infocus 4805 PJ.

----------------

On 8/9/2004 3:58:48 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

. ...nest to come is the Infocus 4805 PJ.

----------------

SCOOTERDOG,

I don't know when you're planning on picking up the 4805, but hometheaterforum.com has a deal running right now with one of their sponsors that gives you $100 off. It seems like that might run out this week though...

David

Dkp, I have also found the Infocus 4805 at shopathome.com (I think), I have it somewhere. Anyway they have the 4805 with a 100 diag screen (16x9)for 1600 bucks. The kicker is you can do thier Stretch Pay for 399 down and the 400 bucks per month for 4 months. not to bad, just have to convince the wife.

Clueless,

The center is all 3/4" oak just finished with a Golden Oak stain, with a satin gloss finish. I also build the grill, and the fabric was bought from parts express. So no veneer, just a carefull job of finishing.16.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice setup Scooterdog. I especially like your custom centre speaker design and build. Agreed that having all front three in alignment is a very good thing. Did I see two sets of RS-? splayed both directions on the side walls. Have you considered ditching those for direct firing speakers like RB3 or 5? It seems like most Forum members are abandoning the idea of bouncing rear effects around the room after moving to Dolby Digital+. Just a thought. Very nice room though and dimensioned thoughtfully. Artto would be proud! Cool finish on the LS btw!

I'm in market for new DVD player. Would you recommend buying a 'combination' player that will handle SACD and other super audio CD's? What should I look for? Are there lots of good CD's in these formats available?

Happy Listening

Michael

Michael,

Yes I am using 2 pairs for surround right now. They work well but are not the be all end all. I plan on adding a pair of Heresy's to the sides. I may keep the RSS6 for the sides as well but place them to the extreme rear sides for the listeners in the back16.gif.I want to end up with an all heritage system.