Picture of my amps

radiob

Those are some working 2A3s. Also, the little drivers are pretty busy on the right side .. left side a little less going on. Fun pictures. I don't recognize the 2A3s. They look dual plate like the old RCAs. But I wouldn't expect so much blue from an old RCA.

Do you like what you hear?

Leo

radiob

Interesting about how the camera picks up the radiation and transfers it to colors in a different way than the eye. Your description is what I'm used to with the RCAs. How's the sound? I like the parafeed approach, and the RCAs should sound very good.

Leo

leoK: Funny thing about cameras, isn't it? My video camera picks up the pulses from my infrared remote controls and makes them visible on the screen when aimed at the camera's lens.

radiob: Nice photo! Thanks for sharing!

The blue glow is likely not from gas -- plasma :-) -- but rather fluorescence from trace contaminants in the glass. It's generally taken as a sign of a good, "hard" (i.e., high) vacuum.

The blue glow is not , I am pleased to say, Cherenkov radiation (which is produced by high energy subatomic particles when transiting between materials of different indices of refraction :-)

oh... almost forgot to ask... are those Paramours or Paraglows? Can't see 'em well enough to tell.

----------------

On 8/8/2004 9:42:45 PM 3dzapper wrote:

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever

"
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/bottlehead1.jpg" border="0">

Rick

PS: Edwin I converted the photo to Web format and resized it in MGI Photosuite to reduce the file size.

----------------

Great work! That is a sensational shot when you see it resized like that!

----------------

On 8/9/2004 5:58:10 AM radiob wrote:

I took it in small jpeg, The camera is a 13 mega pixel cannon, small just isnt small enough. Yes they are old rca tubes, I used a bulb exposure of 45 seconds, the blue is barely seen to the naked eye.
----------------

13 megapixel? Holy smokes!! What kind is it? An EOS? That camera can give you some serious resolution. Huge files too. I would need dual RAID.

----------------

On 8/11/2004 5:11:11 PM D-MAN wrote:

Rick, you are a very useful and helpful guy!

Glad you're here.

How do you get the photos directly on the page? That's pretty cool.

DM
2.gif

----------------

Ask Tom Mobley. He may care to share his expertise.

Great bulb shot, Rob...I sure miss my Olympus OM-4t 35mm SLR and fast lenses (had loads of 'em at one time). My 300Bs also have the florescence glow to them, which pulsates to high-energy music at high levels (neat-o)! But my brother's entry-level Fuji digital has no bulb setting, and the longest exposure time isn't nearly long enough. So I can't capture the blue glow. 15.gif

Thanks Dman.1.gif

For how to post a pic on the front page, take a look at this thread:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=29249

There are a few ways to do it. I put the string in Notepad and copy and paste to the reply page when I put up a picture.

Oh yea, if you can, convert the jpeg to web format and size it accordingly before bringing the image forward. This helps those of our friends with dial-up connections to enjoy the forum more.

Rick