I spent all weekend getting this.....1967 Ford Ranchero 500

eq_shadimar

I thought that I would post this for any car nuts here.

After much hard searching and looking I finally found one of these close by (90 miles). I can't believe my luck!! I have been looking for one for a llllloooonnnnggg time.

I took these pictures in front of the owners (previous owner I guess) house. Now it is mine all mine..my precious..

67rancherosidesmall.jpg

67rancherofrontsmall.jpg

Laters,

Jeff

kenratboy: Geiger Grade - One of my absolute favs!!! I used to love shooting those turns in my '68 Vette when we lived out there! Woo-Hoo! 3.gif I did it once on my Harley and it was pretty scary! 6.gif

eq_shadimar: That's one sanitary-looking set of wheels ya got there! Nice find! 2.gif

Picky:

You know whats up 9.gif

Sport Haus, the Porsche/Ferrari dealer near me uses that road as a test drive to show potential buyers what a 800 HP 1960's Porsche can do. I have followed a few Ferrari's up there and down the other side.

I live at the base of Geiger Grade (they are building a few THOUSAND homes in all that open space at the beginning of Geiger Grade), so the road is right there.

I have a friend with a tuned Subaru WRX STi and he will occasionally break a 'few' laws to see how fast he can get to Virginia City.

The best part is the 180-degree turns before you get into Virginia City. I will be all the way in the LEFT LANE at the apex of the turn, so not only an I taking a very hard turn very fast, but I am looking for other cars.

I could never live in the Mid-West and give up these roads.

Wow! Old-school Fords and Klipsch Heritage: we seem similar in most respects. You don't, perhaps, enjoy single malt scotch and imported cigars, do you? That would be frightening!

Very nice ride.

I must apologize for the poor "ambiance" of my photo. I was testing a new digital camera in front of "duplex city" before I bought a house. In hindsight, owning that car while living there was like using Cornwalls in a mobile home: Oh the humanity!

post-15432-1381925739596_thumb.jpg

Hey guys thanks for all the comments!! I have some more pictures that I will try and post later tonight. The truck was built with a 289, 3 on the tree manual tranny, manual steering, manual brakes, and no A/C (but after market underdash unit installed). All that is still there. This car is orginal as they come except for the A/C, radio, seat covers, headliner, and paint. The truck only has 72,000 orginal miles on it so everything is in ok condition. The paint job is a 10 footer, meaning it looks great from 10 ft away 1.gif The 289 is pretty peppy but does not put the truck into the "hot rod" catagory...however I have plans to fix that. You see I have this car:

carwater.gif

that has this motor in it

eng1.jpg

and this motor has this stuff in it (now using different heads than in picture):

347 Stroker Motor - Eagle Forged Rods, Probe Flat Top Pistons (machined to take a greater valve lift then I am currently using and to accept "High Port" heads for future improvements); RPM Main Bolt Girdle; 9.5:1 Compression Ratio; Crane Hardened Pushrods; New 5.0 Roller Cam Block from SVO; Brass Freeze Plugs; SVO Double Roller Fully Indexable Timing Chain; SVO "FluidDampr" Style Harmonic Balancer; Canton 7 Qt. Double Hump Oil Pan; All ARP Hardware; Custom ground Lunati Cam (don't even ask for specs); Larger 7qt Canton Oil Pan; Stage 3 ported and polished Dart Windsor Jr. Heads; Ported and port matched Victor Jr. Intake; Holley 4150 750 CFM Double Pumper tweaked by Chuck Nutten; S&B Filter Top; SVO HD oil pump; Aeromotive 1000 HP fuel pump; Aeromotive filter; regulators for Nitrous; big *** return fuel line; MSD 7AL-3 box; MSD Blaster Coil; MSD Buillit Distributor

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

but the problem is the the Mustang, while it hauls *** and is one quick m'fer just is not a "classic" plus the emmisions testing put in place basically mean that I will have to "buy" an inspection sticker. Enter the 1967 Ranchero, slip in one hot 347 motor and my very very HD C4 from the Mustang and voila instant classic hot rod 1.gif that does not get emmision tested. I plan on keeping all the orginal parts in case I want to do a full on "trailer queen" restoration in the future. The rest of the Mustang will be sold to a friend of mine that has another '83 that he wrecked beyond reasonable repair. So you see a little tranding here, a little swapping there and everyone is happy!

So the to-dos are:

Motor Transplant

Transmission Transplant

Dual Exhuast

Passenger Side Door (lock and window do not go up and down. Hopefully just a WD-40 fix)

Tires and Rims

Interior carpet and trim work

body work and paint.

Oh and Zeke I think we are cool. I am a Gin and Tonic man and I prefer to light up ummm shall we just say "other" types of leaves.

Laters,

Jeff

"So the to-dos are:

Motor Transplant

Transmission Transplant

Dual Exhuast

Passenger Side Door (lock and window do not go up and down. Hopefully just a WD-40 fix)

Tires and Rims

body work and paint."

Jeff,

Where are you going to mount the Cornwalls? 9.gif

----------------

On 8/9/2004 5:24:15 PM Seadog wrote:

"So the to-dos are:

Motor Transplant

Transmission Transplant

Dual Exhuast

Tires and Rims

body work and paint."

Jeff,

Where are you going to mount the Cornwalls?
9.gif

----------------

See that is what the pickup bed is for 1.gif Anyone remember the Blues Brothers movie with the big ole loud speaker strapped to the top of the old Police car? That is the look I will be aiming for 1.gif

Laters,

Jeff

• 1 month later...

----------------

On 8/9/2004 1:16:17 PM kenratboy wrote:

I could never live in the Mid-West and give up these roads.

----------------

Kenratboy, Just be glad you don't live here in ND. 15 minutes south of me lies HWY 46, the longest straight stretch I have ever seen. Well above 100 miles. 6.gif