They Might Be Giants on Conan Tonight - Friday 8/13... nt

dougdrake

Yep, we can't make it to the Fillmore due to a huge family party, and had to pass on Santa Cruz Saturday night, due to work and appointments on Monday. We are bummed about it.

Enjoy the show in Anaheim! Is that the one next to Disneyland? Take pictures, and I expect a full report!

BTW, do you have their new CD, "The Spine"? Good album.

No, it's the one that's actually on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. Trust me, I would have preferred to go to the House of Blues in Anaheim, but I already had tickets to see Van Halen in San Diego that same night.

No I don't have "The Spine". But I'll go buy it tomorrow at Tower on your recommendation. Thanks!

What is everyone's favorite album by TMBG?

This is mine. I love this album.

TMBG.jpg

I am unfamiliar with these performers and because I am too farking tired/lazy to Google them tonight can someone give me a short description of their music style and comment on their merit?

Otherwise I will retire to my Khorn equipped cave and drink Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay Too musssssh cheap liquor and the consequences to my health will be on your heads!

I won't even try to describe the style of They Might Be Giants, but the internet version of their "Dial-A-Song" service provides some decent examples (link below). They've also done some commercial and soundtrack work in the past few years - the theme song to "Malcom in the Middle" is theirs, they wrote the "Dr. Evil" theme song from "Austin Powers 2," and music for several Chrysler and Dr. Pepper commercials.

TMBG Dial-A-Song

Orin