Sneak Peak on new Reference speakers

dkp

----------------

On 8/22/2004 9:24:46 PM Jlindgren wrote:

----------------

On 8/22/2004 9:45:11 AM v3pcbl wrote:

The silver one with the smaller drivers...It looks like its not horn loaded (unless the top is a round horn? Does anyone know? Would this be the first non-horn loaded klipsch?

----------------

Looks like a horn to me. There must be scores of variations in horn design, and this is just one of those many variations!2.gif

----------------

On 8/23/2004 7:41:10 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

The KG product has horns. All of our product has a horn of some kind. Even if they are not very big...

The RVX product are no different...Reference Video X? ( I haven't heard what the X stands for) These are reference product. They are ment to stand or hang next to a plasma TV. The color is silver / gray to match the rest of the speaker. The black ones have copper cones. Yes the do have small cones, but they = the RF-35 in low end.

They should be in stores in the next month.

----------------

i was going to say the same thing. the kg series all had horns. I had a pair of kg 2.2 (older version of kg 2.5 with a little different grill, the oly difference i could find) and they certainly had a horn. check out my second website and you will see the kg 2.2's i had.

----------------

On 8/22/2004 11:02:22 AM toddvj wrote:

They must REALLY be looking for a lawsuit from infinity.

----------------

LOL

Yes they do,Infinity had a design almost identical a few years back...called the MUDULUS.

These new Klipsch mini towers look great,should sell well.But are these worthy of the "REFRENCE" tag? Soom a toilet seat will have the "REFERENCE" badge.

I don't see why not. If anything, they should compete well with def tech's mythos line. I am somewhat intriuged by the new refrence premier line. Our klipsch rep dropped off some literature on them from ces and every one has been calling them the Klefs, as they look almost identical to a Kef Refrence 205 with a horn instead of a uni-q driver. From what I understand, they won't replace the RF7, but instead run about $1500 or so each.

----------------

On 8/26/2004 11:33:42 AM jzoz01 wrote:

I don't see why not. If anything, they should compete well with
def tech's mythos line
. I am somewhat intriuged by the new refrence premier line. Our klipsch rep dropped off some literature on them from ces and every one has been calling them the Klefs, as they look almost identical to a Kef Refrence 205 with a horn instead of a uni-q driver. From what I understand, they won't replace the RF7, but instead run about $1500 or so each.
----------------

I thought the same thing-they look very similar.