Sneak Peak on new Reference speakers

dkp

Due to the recent revamping of the Klipsch website, I decided to check out some of the new features. Did anyone else notice the Sneak peak on the new Reference series? If not, check out the pics on the front page.

I have been under the impression that the next addition to the Reference lineup will be the so-called "premier" speakers. It seems like my local Klipsch dealer even mentioned that they may be out around Christmastime. However, if you check out the pics on the home page, you will notice that the speakers pictured look nothing like the premier speakers. Anyone have any information on these? Trey? Amy?

Thanks,

David

Picky-I'm going to have to take some time and figure out how to post picks on this site. I wanted to include a pic in my post, but didn't know how (and didn't have the time to figure it out!!!). Is there a section on the home page that provides detailed instructions?

David

----------------

On 8/20/2004 9:35:49 PM edwinr wrote:

You've got sharp eyes dkp. I never noticed the sneak peak. The speaker looks hot. If that pic is an indication, Klipsch are deadly serious about their new image and marketing strategy.

----------------

looks like they've gone the many tiny drivers style like bose 9.gif

----------------

On 8/20/2004 10:51:30 PM prodj101 wrote:

looks like they've gone the many tiny drivers style like bose
9.gif

----------------

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! 9.gif

Well, I can say with the small box and small drivers, it will certainly want the company of a subwoofer.

It will be interesting to see what Klipsch will be doing.

I ve seen those pics before. the last one looks the coolest and best built. but I picture can only show/tell so much. even if it replaces the rf7 doesn't mean its better. there are many products from Klipsch that are older and equal or exceed there present stuff- like the heritage and legend stuff(IMO).

----------------

On 8/21/2004 3:54:16 AM white_shadow wrote:

They look like the RVX-54's.

"<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/RVX_54.JPG">

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=51238&sessionID={83792F26-6B5A-4149-9C3F-9837E2EE37E4}

I'd say those are it. Anyone know anything at all about them? Trey and Amy, c'mon now, don't leave us hanging!!!

David

I think they fit nicely as RVX series floorstanders, taking the place of synergy. I never understood the synergy line. But these look like they would fit good in that category, that is the best speaker line that Best Buy sells, aimed at the mass market with a better budget.

These pics were from the Indy posts (links at bottom of pic), I wish I went.

----------------

On 8/22/2004 9:45:11 AM v3pcbl wrote:

The silver one with the smaller drivers...It looks like its not horn loaded (unless the top is a round horn? Does anyone know? Would this be the first non-horn loaded klipsch?

----------------

The low end of the KG line did not have horns. For example, the KG 2.5 and below had only cones.

• Klipsch Employees

The KG product has horns. All of our product has a horn of some kind. Even if they are not very big...

The RVX product are no different...Reference Video X? ( I haven't heard what the X stands for) These are reference product. They are ment to stand or hang next to a plasma TV. The color is silver / gray to match the rest of the speaker. The black ones have copper cones. Yes the do have small cones, but they = the RF-35 in low end.

They should be in stores in the next month.