Audio Ruined My Knees

garymd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I could go on and on about the greatness of William Jefferson Clinton"

The greatness of William Jefferson Clinton: Shamelessly receiving "head" from the world finest "horn" blower of the 21st century while sitting in the head-of-the-state chair of the greatest nation on earth!

What could be more GREAT then that? We are a shameless nation!

----------------

On 8/24/2004 9:10:59 PM Frank Speaker wrote:

I think pain has its good side in that it tells us not to keep damaging that part of our body.

----------------

Geesh - if that is true I should not be getting out of bed for fear of further damage.

Listen to us bunch of old farts whining. Whatever happened to the optimistic 'You are only as old as your mind tells you you are' ? I had a glorious 4.5 days of skiing in Utah this past winter. I was on and spry - High Rustler and all the traverse to places in Alta, a bit of Snow birds bumps and small side trip to the bowls atop Park City. It took three weeks to recover....

Old farts is right! What a bunch of WHINERS!2.gif

I'm reminded of Neil Armstrong's contention that one only has a fixed number of heartbeats available per lifetime. You can use 'em up fast, or stretch them out a bit.

I imagine if that is true, then knees would also only have a certain number of bends in them...

The problem that I have is that "stretching out" the available number of whatever doesn't seem to be working!

DM2.gif

----------------

On 8/26/2004 12:52:32 PM neo33 wrote:

"I could go on and on about the greatness of William Jefferson Clinton"

The greatness of William Jefferson Clinton:
Shamelessly
receiving "head" from the world
finest
"horn" blower of the 21st century while sitting in the
head-of-the-state
chair of the greatest nation on earth!

What could be more
GREAT
then that? We are a shameless nation!

----------------

But now we have a head of state that can barely spell head shameless indeed.

Still just the right side of 40 here (just!!). Knees seem to be holding up - although they do creak worryingly at times.

Several things:

1. Local vinyl shops here now know their audience. Most provide either low stools to perch upon whilst browsing or have taken the trouble to put all the vinyl at waist height to avoid all that bending down.

2. Groveling to SWMBO does take its toll but as often as not its kneeling for another reason that is a killer ("Yes darling - but please let go of my ears - they are the reason I am doing this!")

3. For the few emporia that have records at floor level and no stools I tend to take a cushion for serious browsing.

4. For help on the internet you could always try buying from "E"nds "B"ending "A"t "Y"our-age.com.

As for the Monika/Clinton debacle - poor choices from both of them. Of course this is only a problem if you are heading up either the US or the UK. In other countries such escapades usually result in an increased majority (France, Greece, Israel etc.).

Come to think of it - who the president picks fort he task seems to be of utmost importance. I seem to remember a much loved president winning, seemingly, much admiration for choosing a well known blond bombshell for a similar job(Happy Birthday Mr. President!).

I imagine impeachment would have been replaced with execution had Lewinski been Maurice rather than Monika.

Just musing - no offense intended.

"2 years ago my knees were as healthly as a teenagers. Since I got back into audio, squatting as I look through lps at the thrift shops, swapping tubes from my amps on the bottom shelf, etc. has just killed them. When I try to get up now, my knees throb. By the time I figured out what I was doing to them, it was too late. I've always favored my bad back by using my legs. Now I think I've killed my knees through audio. Has this happened to anyone else?"

Bang out some hardwood floors and see how sore your knees get.

----------------

On 8/27/2004 2:59:54 PM mike stehr wrote:

Bang out some hardwood floors and see how sore your knees get.

----------------

I'm a lover, not a fighter.2.gif

I have no desire to bang out any hardwood floors but thanks for the suggestion Mike.1.gif