Going up the Country with the Twins and�

thebes

I may be in a little trouble again. Were having a hoedown at a friends barn in the Shenandoah Valley this weekend. Theres plenty of hay to sit on, a buckboard for a stage, the pig hass been cleaned and racked, and will be roasting on an open pit all day under a hardwood fire.

One problem though, the band, called the Hoboken Hillbillies got into some corn likker, took a wrong turn and now theyre down a holler somewhere. I think theyve fallen and cant get up.

I've thrown a couple of KG rockers and an old Pioneer amp in the back of the 49 Ford flatbed and I was already to head out when the twins got a look at my country and blue grass collection. Tickles is pouting and Tawny is frowning.

Until they saw the cds they were bubbling and frolicking with anticipation. Tickles looks really great in her daisy may outfit with her blond braids set of with little daisies, and Tawnys wearing a real Dale Evans cowgirl outfit.

Just threw a keg in next to the speakers. Dont let me down folks. Mosey on down and throw me a lifeline with some foot stompin, legs atwirlin country corn. Lets go!

Now, shucks, Frank, ya'all new the Sheriff would ride into tonw didn't ya.

Now we're in real danger of losing the Twins to the Doublemint Corp.

Country, people. Ain't that hard. Sure they liked the song about going fishin (I'm gonna miss her) but guys I'm half way through my Conway Twitty collection and they are starting to get real restless.

Jimmy Buffet with the Lyrics "Why don't we get drunk and screw". Of course I live in Florida and the girls love that one.

Anything from "Sade", of course that is for later.

At a party, for country, I like Hank Williams or Alan Jackson for later.

Best song for a hoe down, How about some Cherlie Daniels?

Well we are at my friends farm. Tickles is off riding a pony and for some reason Tawny wants to brand a calf. The pig is roasting nicely and we should have some craklin to munch on real soon.

I'm running low on tunes though so I need some more help. There's a couple of hundred people milling around and the second kegs already been tapped. People out here get a mite snappish when they can't wash down their beer with a little country music so let's go.

----------------

On 9/4/2004 1:05:07 PM thebes wrote:

Well we are at my friends farm. Tickles is off riding a pony and for some reason Tawny wants to brand a calf. The pig is roasting nicely and we should have some craklin to munch on real soon.

I'm running low on tunes though so I need some more help. There's a couple of hundred people milling around and the second kegs already been tapped. People out here get a mite snappish when they can't wash down their beer with a little country music so let's go.
----------------

Well, here we go again. I need to see someone for professional help.

Tawny knows how to press my buttons! If she is sporting a Dale Evans outfit....she could brand my a**. (OMG, Dale was so hot!!!!...or was it Linda?)

Anyway, how'bout J. Cash doing the 9" nails stuff?

TC

hey thebes, love yer themes! but I've just got to get a gander at those twins!

For me country means Southern Fried Rock, try some ZZ top (killer version of viva las vegas) on best of CD, Lynryd Skynrd (a band named after their HS gym teacher who tried to get them to cut their hair has got to be good), Lots of Waylon and Willie, throw in a little kissin cousin Jesse on the side (hey my last name's Colter), thar's lots of good Neil Young thats sort of country (I hope Neil Young can remember, a Southern Man don't need him around), Molly Hatchet, Capricorn recording artists The Marshall Tucker Band (live set), don't even forget the ALLMAN BROTHERS Filmore set is fantastic, spring for the double CD full concert set, or 4 CD 'Dreams' box.

I'll even stretch a bit and let ya think about Kansas and hey, lots of mid-60's Stone was pretty hillbilly sounding as well (Brian Jones variety)

Yeeeeooowwwwww- I'm gonna burn me some country CD's tomorrow! yyeeeeehhaaaaa

Michael (I'll take a pill and go beddy bye now)