Nice Scott LK 72 for $225BIN

3dzapper

Here is a nice one to send to Craig for a rebuild. Like a 299C so should sound super with Klipsch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73369&item=5718865626&rd=1

I'd grab it but I like my b@lls. I currently have 2 299C's, 2 340B's, an Lk-30 and a 299B. I have one of the 340B's in the Khorn system right now after a rebuild. The 340B has the same output stage as the LK-48, sounds excellent!Not to mention all the others. No room left at the inn.15.gif

Rick

A good project for Craig to fix up. I have the same amp, except for the gold faceplate. It is basically the same as a 299C. Lots of power for any Klipsch, but it does need caps, a new selenium rectifier and a few other parts to make this puppy sing. It even has 3 Teles included, about $25-30 each on eBay at the moment if they are in decent shape. The Mullard is worth $20-25. For another $100-200 in repairs it is a very good deal, especially for those looking for a chance to experiment with tubes for not a lot of $. It has a good phono section, tone, bass and treble controls for those who demand them.

My LK-72 is my second amp and worked great until I went with Mc-30 Monoblocks and tube preamp. Definitely worth the investment for a relatively small amount of dollars.

Don

----------------

On 9/4/2004 7:54:08 AM tommy499 wrote:

I saved you Zapped!!!! Now I have too many amps!!----------------

Do yourself a big favor if the amp is breaking up like described do not run it. It doesn't matter to me where or who does the work but do the amp a favor and get it rebuilt.

Craig

My balls have been saved as well, Rick!2.gif Last night, I tried to explain my dilema over that local Citation II to my wife, asking her, "Aren't you proud of me for not spending $700?" Instead of commiserating, and saying something like, "I now understand how difficult it must have been to pass that up, given that amp's stellar condition, its reputation as a classic piece of audio gear, excellent price, and your prospect for garnering admiration from your Klipsch Forum buddies. Thank you for putting our family budget first." Instead, I think the admission will lead to her keeping a closer eye on ol' fini and the savings account...8.gif

----------------

On 9/4/2004 8:59:20 AM fini wrote:

My balls have been saved as well, Rick!
2.gif
Last night, I tried to explain my dilema over that local Citation II to my wife, asking her, "Aren't you proud of me for not spending $700?" Instead of commiserating, and saying something like, "I now understand how difficult it must have been to pass that up, given that amp's stellar condition, its reputation as a classic piece of audio gear, excellent price, and your prospect for garnering admiration from your Klipsch Forum buddies. Thank you for putting our family budget first." Instead, I think the admission will lead to her keeping a closer eye on ol' fini and the savings account...
8.gif

----------------

fini: That's why cash is King and USPS money orders are a boon to marital/audio bliss!2.gif6.gif10.gif

----------------

On 9/4/2004 7:54:08 AM tommy499 wrote:

I saved you Zapped!!!! Now I have too many amps!!----------------

Do yourself a big favor if the amp is breaking up like described do not run it. It doesn't matter to me where or who does the work but do the amp a favor and get it rebuilt.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In Spanish...

Muey importante

You can turn a nice amp into an amp that may need a powertransormer or other really expensive part or parts by running it with faulty components, before a rebuild.

It certainly is delayed gratification but worth it.

I bought a preamp a month ago I did not hear until this week just for the same reason.