classical/spanish guitar cd suggestions?

powdermnky007

----------------

On 9/14/2004 8:39:22 AM powdermnky007 wrote:

anyone know of a good cd I can pickup with classical/spanish guitar. I have some paco de Lucia. He is a great guitarist, but he plays too fast, i want some good sounding smooth nylon guitar action.

I have acoustic alchemy and la vienta already.. I like both of those alot. Sacd if favored to normal cd.

Thanks!

----------------

Andres Segovia was a great classical guitarist. I had one of his albums but hadn't heard him on CD.

Carlos Montoya could make a guitar sound like two guitars.He was an extremely fast flamenco(by spanish did u mean flamenco?) guitarist.Again I had one of his albums but hadn't heard him on cd.

From realmusic.com, Johannes Linstead Sol.Luna.Tierra CD, peaceful calming acoustic guitar, almost ambient sounding NOT fast, some kind of Latin. I got at that mall shop with all the fancy electronics and executive toys, can't think of the name now.

Might also check out Craig Chaquico solo stuff from Jefferson Starship. He's kind of Alcoustic Alchemy-like.

I feel certain you know about this, just didn't mention it, but here goes anyway: The Joaquin Rodrigo concertos, played by Pepe Romero, accompanied by Neville Marriner conducting the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, CD Phillips 438-016-2. Rodrigo, a Spanish composer, was born in 1901, blind from the age of three, and died in 1999. Great, very interesting works.

You probably know about the Romero family, also from Spain -- Celodonio the father and his three sons Celin, Pepe and Angel, very well known guitarists all. Enjoy!

Larry

Larry, you beat me to it 9.gif . For Rodrigo's 'Concierto de Aranjuez' you could also try the Julian Bream/Simon Rattle recording on EMI (and I like the Arnold concerto on the disc as well)....or, for a jazz version of the central Adagio, Miles Davis' album of the same title.

Wolfram

Cafe Paradiso by Steve Erquiaga was the hit of the 2004 Las Vegas HiFi show in the Eastern Electric room. Kent & Harry from 2 Bald Guys Audio had a wonderful collection of CD's to play and this was one of the Cd's they turned me on to. Just Excellent.

Maybe do a google search and others will confirm this great Spanish/classical guitar masterful cd. It truly is a must to have and you will not be disappointed

Later,

Bill

Try some Carlos Montoya. Between him and Segovia they basically invented Classical Guitar. The only one I have is not particularly well recorded so no specific recommendation, but I'm sure some of his work has been remastered.

Good one Flynn,

I also have Narada Decade and Narada Smooth Jazz in my 'office muzak' collection. Each is a 2 CD sampler of various artists from the Narada label. About 80% great stuff!

Which reminds me, if anyone is just looking to sample some new musics, checkout Jazziz club. Each month you get a magazine and sample CD with some of today's hottest artists. The CD's are kind of a hodgepodge, but I just finished loading 2 year's worth onto my iMac, cataloging into blues/big band, soft jazz, ambient jazz, fusion, and world beat folders. Then I'm picking my faves for some awesome compilation CD mixes!

iMac and iTunes RULE!