Anyone Want any of IVAN

ygmn

I just finished removing my plywood after Frances and I paid $17 per sheet(for 15 sheets) of 3/8" which was the only thickness they had. I thought it was a little much but Home Depot jumped thru hoops to get all of that stuff rerouted to us at the last minute so I'm okay with the price....

(Problem is....I think they were shipping it all from Alabama and now they need it).

----------------

On 9/14/2004 2:24:09 PM ygmn wrote:

since IVAN will be close by...I am willing to bottle up some of IVAN wind and Rain for those interested...

I will set pricing based on market conditions ....hehehehe

Have to pay for all this plywood some how....
9.gif

----------------

ygmn,

I'd be happy for you to send up some bottled 'hurricane' from Pat O'B's place.

Seriously, have been concerned about the possibility of New Orleans taking a direct hit from IVAN. Hope things come out o.k. for you. Do you live in the quarter?

----------------

On 9/14/2004 3:54:05 PM endover wrote:

(Problem is....I think they were shipping it all from Alabama and now they need it).

----------------

This hits on a strange note. If you are a Flordian resident and was told to evacuate, then Ivan never did even come close, are you pissy becuase you went through all that effort, or are you pleased because they were trying to help you out?

At any rate, there is another storm brewing out there now.

If Ivan comes to the East of New Orleans....

New Orleans would be inundated...big time floods for weeks I would guess...

No is averages about 16 ft below sea level....and a 20 foot surge plus rain would flood ths city since the pumps would not keep up...

seems Ivan is going to hit Mobile Bay....

Ps PLywood 1/2 OSb ranging about 17-20 depending on where ya buy...but the lines suck...plus the trafic...jeeeze...

they take the southbound lanes of interstate and make them north bound...

I heard horror stories of peeps sitting in traffic for 4 hours to travel nine miles this afternoon....

I could walk faster....

Hopefully power will stay on and I will watch Perfect Storm....hehehe

Some people get really mean-spirited about the whole hurricane thing and get mad at the Emergency Management Operations when they're told to evacuate. I wasn't "forced" to evacuate from my Florida home so I didn't but.....

It's hit or miss and no one can guess 100%. We had quite a few folks that were told to evacuate during Frances and they didn't. Well...about 8 hours into the thick of the storm, the local news reported that they were calling the fire departments to come get them out(which they didn't). These are the same ones that get mad when they're told to evacuate. I'm sure it's a pain the tail but were supposed to be "adults" about this and realize that it's not the governments fault that a storm is coming and it's not the meteoroligists fault for not being able to pinpoint where it lands.

Like I said in my other post....I've lived in FL for 37 years and I've experienced 3 semi-major hurricanes so it "is" a great place to live. That's like saying I wouldn't live in Colorado for fear of the blizzards that come.

Ha! Nope....no connections!

I'm just one of those people that believes its not "YOUR" fault that "I" got hit by a hurricane and therefore I don't EXPECT something from you. (I'm waaay over generalizing here). It's a mindset thing. I'll gladly accept help when its offered and I'll also be the first to provide help if the tides are turned but I think the attitude problems start occurring when people EXPECT government aid or EXPECT someone to provide them with a free generator and chainsaw or EXPECT the local news to be correct all the time (and be blamed/sued if they're wrong). We need to be mature enough to take responsibility for ourselves and humble enough to accept help when it's being offered.....

Geese...I gotta get off my soap box here. I never intended to get this deep into it! I need to lighten up!

It's just waaaay too cool to see people come together and help each other out either financially or physically or however.

endover: Yep, when the chips are down and survial becomes foremost, it sort of puts everything into the proper perspective: all of that polarized, political chirping seems mighty unimportant, doesn't it? I don't know about you, but I am SO looking forward to December...the month after all the BS ends. God Bless Americans!

I second that fini: STAY DRY Y'ALL!

hey!! i pray that all will have no loss of life w/Ivan. i am in town for just a couple of days due to Ivan, i will be back on the forum after Oct. 8th.

i don't have time to scan the forum, but i see 'housekeeping' has been keeping the trolls down :)

WAY too much to say in this brief time, but i am REALLY looking forward to getting back on the forum.

a/v 'stuff' to talk about later.

for now, let me leave y'all w/this:

Ephesians 4: 22 thru 24 and Eph. 6: 10 thru 19

with love to my Klipsch family,

steve v.

Well we made it with no problems as the storm was way east of us..

but now I need to get to Florida to help my father...problem is...the interstate bridge over Escambia bay...is GONE!...

Washed out..impassable....

check this pic...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/080304tropicalweathe&a=&tmpl=sl&e=9

Wow is all I can say...

Plus the hwy 90 bridge north of this bridge is destroyed as well...so East/West traffic in this region is severely hampered....

Argggggggg