Best price on Star Wars Trilogy?

Grateful11

Anyone got the scoop on the best price for the trilogy? I prefer to buy at a local chain/store, not online. So far it looks like Wal-Mart $41.88. Toys'R Us is offering a $10 Star Wars limited edition gift card with purchase of the trilogy but they don't mention the price of the movies. We went to Sam's and picked up a 32" flat screen std. TV today, not Plasma or projection. So we're getting ready for the big day, we've been wanting to get something a little bigger anyway.

Grateful

>I read on cnn.com about the 5 major changes that Lucas made to the dvds. These will be different than ALL other versions including the Special Editions from '97. Nothing huge but still different edits, new cgi & overdubbed voices, etc.

Sometimes they don't know when to leave well enough alone. Personally I didn't think the CGI fit in very well with the SE releases. Menace(1) and Clones(2) were way overdone with special effects and CGI. They seemed like they should be further into the future than 4, 5 and 6.

Grateful

----------------

On 9/20/2004 9:40:20 PM damonrpayne wrote:

Someone who's a big SW fan tell us how good the DVDs are.

I still can't get over this stuff:

----------------

I saw those changes, and it may be tough to stomach, but I am still going to get the DVD's. Hopefully, despite the changes, they'll still be awesome to watch on my system.

Just got back from WalMart $39.47 not too bad. They had some lame collector figures stuck in with the display case called the DVD Collector Set, it had a little tiny sticker on it that said DVD's not included. It was a big enough box to contain them and I'll betcha more than more was sold to some poor soul thinking they were going to get the DVD's with them.

Grateful

CompUSA sold the set for $39.95 and is much easier to get in and out of in comparison to WalMart.

There are significant differences in the DVDs. So far I like the changes; they are improvements IMO and in George Lucas' opinion. No doubt the original version will be available later for folks that disagree. More money for Lucas.11.gif

Bill

"No doubt the original version will be available later for folks that disagree" Lucas has been pretty clear that *he* will never release the originals on new formats. Who knows what might happens after he dies and someone else has control...but I would be willing to bet that he won't ever release them.

I'm hanging onto my original VHS versions, not the Spec. Ed. they're going on eBay. Had no problems getting checked out at our gigantic behemoth WalMart, takes what seems like 10 minutes to walk from one end to the other, luckily the display of DVD's was up front. We had to put "New Hope" on hold halfway through, boys have to go to bed, school tomorrow. I'll say this, the picture quality is there, no overwhelming sound yet.

Grateful

I'm not that sentimental, change can be a good thing. Personally I would like to see Lucas redo most of the second half of Return Of The Jedi.

After all the great battles between good and bad, and the great special effects, the rebels finally defeat the evil empire and win their freedom with the help of little people in cheesy Teddy Bear costumes. I thought it was lame when it first came out and it doesn't get any better with time.

I read somwhere that Lucas claims the "originals" no longer exist, he has butchered them out of existence. The best way to see them is the thx widescreen LDs. I will rent ep1 someday, but Lucas will get no money from me to revise my childhood memories. Yes to me ep1 is Star Wars, the one I saw from the back of my parents Pinto station wagon at the drive in. I allow Lucas the ability to mess up his own work, but nothing is wrong with what he did in 1977.

OK, well it looks like if you shop around enough, the cheapest deal will save you a grand

total of $4.00, maybe $5.00 at the most. If you want the damn thing just go and buy it and

quit being such a tight ***!! You'll spend that much money just driving around looking

for the best "deal". Sorry to be so blunt, but I just can't stand it when cheap-asses try

to save a couple a bucks on something they really want. It's like people who will drive

across town to save 2 cents a gallon on gas. 7.gif