well my svs is in and Im very impressed!

Ya... hiding subs is not worthwhile, I guess.

I have been working hard to design a SMALL sealed subwoofer that played LOW and LOUD. Things were not working out so well... I could get the Stryke AV-12 to do a pretty good job, but not exactly what I wanted... I wanted HUGE subwoofer performance in a box less than 2 cubic feet. People pointed out quickly that I had to make some tradeoffs...

So, now my box must be 6 cubic feet (~160L) and ported.. neither of which I wanted. BUT, the driver I am using is in a class of its own for the price. I'll take pictures when I get it... the monster weighs in at 55 pounds and has almost 3" peak-to-peak excursion without damage! 11.gif I will not have a house when I am done...

Anyway... my point was that a 6 cubic foot box is HUGE. I just got a little off track, as always... 14.gif Congrats on the sub man... SVS is a good sub for the money... and hopefully mine will be too. 2.gif

oh sure

These kind of suck, but I will post more later. Check out how I can fit all 5 of my rsx's on top of this huge monstrosity!

BTW. the RSX's are in no way overshadowed by this sub. In fact I can cranked up the RSX-5's too loud for this sub. They sound a bit hash at extrem levels but for the output they produce vs. their size it is simply staggering. The SVS on the other hand is overbuilt by design. Its MASSIVE! and it performs well! I did a 20hrz test tone and it ripped my room apart! Compared to my last two Klipsch subs (Which were also very good) this sub simply has more output down low. The ISD is not as punchy as the RWS-12 by a long shot but my god it sure blows it away below 30hrz. When i first got it, I had a hell of a time trying to get it out of the box. I don't know how the heck anyone gets the PB2's out of the boxes but this was hard enough!

svs05.jpg

svs03.jpg

svs04.jpg

here is a lil promeida sat! oh so cute

svs07.jpg

svs08.jpg

svs02.jpg

if you want a small sub that works as a big one, look at the trus subwoofer serie from sunfire;-D

some have almost the size of a KSW10 but they goes down to 16Hz!!!!

for exemple the true sub super junior is 9" by 9" by 9" and produce sounds from 22 to 100Hz

check at www.sunfire.com

007: Congrats on the great-looking sub! It's proof that good things DO come in small packages. I've not had the pleasure of listening to an SVS yet, but some day for sure. My current sub is an RSW-15, which I am happy with.

Just one thing, in looking at this photo, the finish doesn't look nearly as durable as you say. 2.gif9.gif Have fun!

svs05.jpgpost-10177-1381925797902_thumb.jpg

Congrats dude, aren't new toys fun? 9.gif I am waiting on my PB2-Ultra right now, they are supposed to be shipping before Oct 1st, but we'll see, I sure hope so, the wait is killing me 15.gif But good things come to those who wait, right? 3.gif

Have you watched any movies lately that you know how they sounded with the RSW sub? Tell any difference??

----------------

On 9/24/2004 5:17:50 AM doudou wrote:

if you want a small sub that works as a big one, look at the trus subwoofer serie from sunfire;-D

some have almost the size of a KSW10 but they goes down to 16Hz!!!!

for exemple the true sub super junior is 9" by 9" by 9" and produce sounds from 22 to 100Hz

check at www.sunfire.com

----------------

The signatures/eq's/super juniors are definitely much easier to hide, however they require some pretty serious power and engineering (which is quite evident when observing the price tag) in order to reach those numbers. The SVS products are those in which size purposely was not the primary factor; depth, clarity and volume were paramount. Also, with internet-only sales SVS is able to sell at a price point below all other comparable equipment. One of the more notable aspects they're known for is depth; 16 Hz is an absolute killer on mine! 1.gif

And you're definitely not the only French around here 2.gif

----------------

On 9/24/2004 4:50:48 AM 007 wrote:

When i first got it, I had a hell of a time trying to get it out of the box. I don't know how the heck anyone gets the PB2's out of the boxes but this was hard enough!

----------------

Getting a sub out of the box can be interesting. To get my REL Storm III out of the box (which weighs nearly 70 pounds), I basically had to open it "upside-down" (with the bottom of the sub facing up), install the spikes, carefully turn it over, and then lift the box up off the sub. In fact, there was a pamphlet that was enclosed in the box giving instruction on how to safely unpack it.

Now, getting that damn B&K amp out it's box was a friggan pain, at nearly 80 pounds!

BTW, nice sub. Yeah, I am tempted to add a PB2-Ultra to my system. The REL is an extremely accurate subwoofer, and is just friggan incredible with music, but I'd like to get something that has a bit more slam for movies (although the REL does seem to hold its own).

Thanks guys, I just watched my first movie on this bad boy. I can now see the drastic difference between my last subs and this thing. The bass extension is incredible! This sub goes straight to 20hrz like a rocket! I get louder and deeper bass in my room then I do in the theaters now. I also noticed so many more scenes where there was bass that I simply missing out on. If music is your thing, stick with the RSWs but if you want movies, even the ISD drivers puts the competition away. Im very anxious to hear the Plus drivers now.

----------------

On 9/24/2004 6:01:08 PM 007 wrote:

I’m very anxious to hear the Plus drivers now.

----------------

Congrats on the SVS! I guess regarding the PC+ drivers... let me tell you this:

Initially, I bought the 22-31PCi. I found out about a local sale for a 25-31PC+ for the same price as I paid for the PCi. So, I bought the PC+, brought it to my dorm, and compared the two subs side by side.

In 5 minutes, I realized that the PC+ is much more a monster than I thought, it dwarfed the PCi in output!! I LOVE IT!! Needless to say, I returned the PCi and have been smiling since!!

BUT... the PCi (aka the PB1i) is still ONE HELLUVA SUB!! 2.gif