New toy & Updated PICS, 56k warning

Orange Peel

I got my Harman Kardon PA-5800 amp today, got a great deal on it, 5x80watts, being used for my multi-room speakers. I haven't tested it out yet, I still have to install the Klipsch In Walls in my bedroom first. The thing is flawless, just awesome! Here's a pic of it...

hkpa5800.gif

And here's some pics of the "getting there" setup 9.gif...

frontstage.gif

frontstage2.gif

frontstage3.gif

rack.gif

rear.gif

rf7svs.gif

Let me know what you think! 1.gif

That's a sick looking setup all right. Luxurious black leather couches and curtains. They look rich and plush I wanna jump right into them. And quite a respectable rack of gear you got there too. I see 2 Pioneer Elite units. Cool! And I love how everything is color coordinated in jet black and cream white.

Just a suggestion regarding the placement of your front right RF7, and the rack of gear. For the sake of symmetry, you might want to reverse the position of the two, so that the rack is flushed against the wall. This way your speakers will be both equidistant from the listener as well as the center channel. Unless of course there is a video cable running from the receiver to the TV that isn't long enough, and is thus preventing you from doing so?

This is a very formidable setup. Concert videos really jump at you from a large screen and with that sound system you'd be fraying the cuffs of my blue jeans. I'd love to hear Lindsey Buckingham's guitar solo in "I'm So Afraid" from Fleetwood Mac's 'The Dance' on your rig. Bet it rocks. Thanks for sharing. Slainte Hamish

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

nicholtl - Actually one Elite unit, the other you may think is one, is a Denon DVD-1600, kind of looks like an Elite player from the view 2.gif Not sure if you mean the walls are cream white, but they are actually a Tan color, the cameras flash f's up the color 8.gif But I appreciate the compliments! As for the rack and RF-7 swap, I would love to swap them, but you are correct with the guess, my cables aren't long enough to stretch the distance. My receiver as you know corrects for the distance anyways, so I can't really tell they aren't equidistant from the center channel.

Scott - The big black box is just an end table I couldn't figure out where to put 3.gif hehe

Myhamish - I REALLY want to hear some good DVD-A's on this system, I have never heard anything but regular CD's, and when I do hear music in a movie it sounds AMAZING!!! I plan to get some good music disks soon!

gcoker - I'm using Klipsch RF-5's for my rears, I plan to get some more RF-7's some day and move the RF-5's to side duty for 7.1 9.gif

caveboy - See above 1.gif

Tom - Yeah, the Mits is an ok TV I guess 3.gif I love it, I have a guy coming out today from Ultimate where I bought it (got the 5 yr warranty) to clean the lenses/guns, adjust the convergence, etc. It's been moved 3 times so far and I feel it needs adjustment, plus it does some weird crap in 1080i if the contrast is too high, which I turned down, but I never used 1080i before and the factory setting is MAX 7.gif So it will make the picture all messed up initially, and become unstable during watching, no biggie, free fix to me 9.gif And yeah, my mom did tell me to sit up straight, I was just trying to get a lower shot in that pic 1.gif

I wouldn't mind moving the RF-7 next to the TV, or I could move the SVS next to the TV and the RF-7 out next to the black curtain, but not sure if the speaker cable will reach. I am using bi-wire for the mains and don't want to just rid myself of it to move the speakers equadistant, know what I mean? As for the sub, the best thing I have ever heard! It never quits amazing me, at ALL volumes it's potent, moves you and everything else in a 10 miles radius 9.gif

Thanks, I thought about that too, but just decided to leave it there for now 1.gif I may move it over and see if there is any sound difference, because right now it sounds prefect to me, I don't notice any sound issues with the setup how it is, maybe not the ideally perfect location for the mains, but you gotta do what you gotta do 9.gif

Orange Peel-You do have one nice looking (and sounding) system. While I agree that switching your rack and the right main would probably balance out the sound, you may have a cosmetic issue if you change. Currently you've got a very nice look to the system because the rack is just a hair shorter than the tv and the RF-7 another step down. If you switched them, it may look quite a bit out of balance, if that matters to you. I'm married, so the WAF is always in the back of my mind and the front of hers...lol

Very impressive overall. How do the RF-5s perform their surround duty?

David

David - Thanks dude, I appreciate the comments. I feel the same thing, the cosmetic issue is a HUGE issue, not just the wife, but me, I hate when things don't look right. I would ideally like to have a built in wall rack or something, but no place to put it, this way I can have the mains next to the TV, and things would be all sweet 2.gif Thanks ahain for the compliments, it's always a work in progress isn't it? 9.gif

As for the RF-5's, they do a GREAT job for surround duty, VERY clear, discrete, etc. I love them, I would really like to put some RF-7's there, but for now the RF-5's have to do 3.gif

I think the shades behind your ominous black end table may be subject to severe rattling. I just purchased my wife an identical end table. She needed a place to set her beverages while watching TV. I know she must think I'm the most kind and loving husband, to be so thoughtful! Bax is supposed to be delivering her end table next week. She will be so delighted! 9.gif You have a sweet setup!